No announcement yet.

Turducken - On the Smoker THAT'S RIGHT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Almost looks like you knew what you were doing.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
    Paul

Comment

Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
      Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
      1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
      Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
      Weber Smokey Joe
      Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
      Pink Thermapen
      Purple Thermapen

Comment

Hell yeah ...that is some tasty ingenuity right there.
        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Ohhh...Man that smoker set up...I mean...you might be a redneck if...well never mind...

Birds look alright to me...Kinda makes me stuffed pork loin look dull...

Points to ya Jim!
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks all!
            Definitely something I would do again and again.
            Still snacking on the bird...

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
            Ohhh...Man that smoker set up...I mean...you might be a redneck if...well never mind...
            It really does look redneck-ish

Had thought about painting the kettle red or maybe the smoker silver to match.
            Silver would look kind of like a robot I think so maybe that's the ticket
            There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

I really like the Smoker and that was one great job on the Turducken.
              sigpic

Comment

Great job on the cook! But I really love your setup!!!! Only missing was Duck-Tape and bailing wire..............
                sigpic

Comment

Cool Doins FIU, cool! Lookin good!
                  I'ved never seen a turduchen in a store, always made them or had a butcher make them. What store was it?
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                  Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                    I'ved never seen a turduchen in a store, always made them or had a butcher make them. What store was it?
                    This one was at an Acme grocery store, they also carry them at our local Shoprite supermarket but those ones are by Tony Chachere's which I'm dying to try but they only have them around Thanksgiving.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
                      This one was at an Acme grocery store, they also carry them at our local Shoprite supermarket but those ones are by Tony Chachere's which I'm dying to try but they only have them around Thanksgiving.
                      We don't have either store here. Somehow I'm having trouble wrapping my head around you having turduchens in the store in Jersey....and I've never seen one in Florida.
                      I wonder if they have them in the stores in Louisiana? I don't remember.
                      Mark
                      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Are you near a Publix?

Came across this...

I've seen frozen turducken at Delaware Chicken (4191 N State Road 7, Hollywood, FL 33021(954) 983-6831) and if you want to try making it yourself they would probably bone a chicken, duck, and turkey for you.

Just recently we saw frozen turducken at the Publix in Deerfield Beach at the Hillsboro Square plaza (150 S Federal Hwy, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441-4128 Main: (954) 427-5537.) It's possible your local Publix could order one for you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
                          Are you near a Publix?

Came across this...

I've seen frozen turducken at Delaware Chicken (4191 N State Road 7, Hollywood, FL 33021(954) 983-6831) and if you want to try making it yourself they would probably bone a chicken, duck, and turkey for you.

Just recently we saw frozen turducken at the Publix in Deerfield Beach at the Hillsboro Square plaza (150 S Federal Hwy, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441-4128 Main: (954) 427-5537.) It's possible your local Publix could order one for you.
                          Yea I shop at Publix all the time, and I look in the frozen section all the time.
                          But I make them myself soooo...... But thanks for the info, I will ask?
                          Mark
                          sigpic

Comment

Impressive... and safe! Yes..it IS frowned upon in smokers... heck, even in ovens if ya don't pay attention. It's a dangerous mix IMO, but you handled it well, and with intelligence. Man... twice in one day from me...
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                              Impressive... and safe! Yes..it IS frowned upon in smokers... heck, even in ovens if ya don't pay attention. It's a dangerous mix IMO, but you handled it well, and with intelligence. Man... twice in one day from me...
                              Thanks Rich

Had me a little worried going in because I wasn't sure how well that smoker "build? " thingy would work but temps stayed plenty high enough so it worked great.

Starting to get excited, get to rinse my ham in 2 days so only a few more weeks till dinner time

sigpic

Comment

They have those all over Louisiana. never tried the frozen ones. The fresh ones are fantastic cooked in an oven. I am now intrigued to try one on the smoker.
                                Stumps Baby
                                Bubba Keg Convection Grill
                                Digi Q
                                Gasser with 4+ yrs of dust
                                Custom end grain cutting board
                                Superfast Yellow Thermapen
                                18 " Smoke Vault
                                12" AMNTS
                                AMNPS
                                Newbie beer brewer

Comment

Working...