No announcement yet.

Tri Tip Burger and Meatballs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cav, I'm drooling over that burger. Man, if that gets out in the burgh you're doing that, Primanti's stock is going to drop.

That looks killer.
    New Braunfels Black Diamond
    18.5" WSM
    Weber Performer Deluxe Black
    18.5 Weber Kettle
    22.5 Weber Kettle
    Maverick ET732
    6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

To all that I missed here thanks for the comments.
      Since I'm an under educated cook I have a tendency to jump.

Takes a real fool to jump from a perfectly good airplane.. I'm one of those fools

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
      It's gotta be sacrilegious to run a Tri Tip through a grinder. But man I bet that burger tastes good!!
      I don't believe God would have a problem with this burger. Why give us the ability to use grinders and provide us with such a lovely cut of meat.

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      Grind on brother Rich. Those look great and cant wait to try them. Heck, burger is typically $3-4 lb here, might as well have the best.
      Thanks Scotty.. Don't think you're gonna want to add all the fat. Great idea.. Looking forward to your take

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
      From me too. Excellent burger
      Thanks Much

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
      Nice post Rich...I suppose if I could get them as cheaply as you did I could be led to grind some up. They HAD to be good. for your efforts Sir.
      Thank You.. Don't know how close to PA you are but the warehouse that I got these from distributes to PA, MD and DE. I can get you the product code if you're interested.

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
      Nice burger and great experiment!
      Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
      Fantastic looking burgers Cav!!!!
      Thanks Ladies

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Yeah.. after we talked... I see what ya mean on the marbling in the TT... I am just ignorant of that cut... but I see now..it's basically a chuck cut. trim a bit and grind...

At'sa spicy meatball! Brilliant..the Pizza Shake addition!
      Similar to a chuck but wit a bit more density.. Told ya the shake is a really good cooking component. Get that little fishy smell as it heats up

Originally posted by MrZip66 View Post
      Cav, I'm drooling over that burger. Man, if that gets out in the burgh you're doing that, Primanti's stock is going to drop.

That looks killer.
      Thanks Z.. Have to work on that.. Maybe to 8oz patties with a stuffing in the middle.. Call it Pug's Pounder

Comment

Late getting these to you. Been real busy at work and at home. As far as grinding the tri tip. Awesome !!! What I don't understand is why the guy that has a super hard time getting them has no problem grinding one up when the folks that can just run to the local market and get them at will are having to unbunch their panties I only use ground chuck for burgers as it is. I applaud you for thinking of this.
        Weber Smoky Joe
        18" Weber Silver
        22.5" Weber Gold
        22.5" Weber Silver
        UDS X 2
        Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
        Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
        Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
        Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
        Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
        Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
        Blackstone three burner flat top
        5" AMZNPS
        Vortex x 2
        Maverick ET 73
        Maverick ET 732
        Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
        Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
        Pitmaster iQue 110
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tenacious bee View Post
          Late getting these to you. Been real busy at work and at home. As far as grinding the tri tip. Awesome !!! What I don't understand is why the guy that has a super hard time getting them has no problem grinding one up when the folks that can just run to the local market and get them at will are having to unbunch their panties I only use ground chuck for burgers as it is. I applaud you for thinking of this.
          Thanks TB.. Locally chuckies run 3.49 to 3.99 per lb. I could make the drive to Sam's Club but that's almost an hour and a half round trip. TT was actually cheaper. Figure to pickup another case sometime in early May if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Cavman View Post
            Thanks TB.. Locally chuckies run 3.49 to 3.99 per lb. I could make the drive to Sam's Club but that's almost an hour and a half round trip. TT was actually cheaper. Figure to pickup another case sometime in early May if you're interested.
            Definitely in.
            Weber Smoky Joe
            18" Weber Silver
            22.5" Weber Gold
            22.5" Weber Silver
            UDS X 2
            Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
            Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
            Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
            Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
            Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
            Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros