Seeing as how everyone else is doing Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing as how everyone else is doing Ribs

I decided to join the party.Picked these up this morning and prepped them for the smoker for tomorrow.One rack will have the Fire Alarm and the other will have the Southern style rub on them.I have them vacuum sealed.First time I'm trying the prep with the sealer.

This looks great!!!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

YAY!!

What I have found with ribs is it's best seasoning an hour or two before the cook. Depending on how the rub is made up, they can get a "hammy" taste overnight.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks like you are off to a great start. I really need to get me a sealer.
        sigpic

USAF 1982-2008 Desert Storm Vet
        American Legion Riders
        Patriot Guard Riders

Comment

I rub em right before I cook em cause I'm way too lazy to do it ahead of time

Looking toward the finish...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Ribs are in!

Pecan chunks for smoke

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
            YAY!!

What I have found with ribs is it's best seasoning an hour or two before the cook. Depending on how the rub is made up, they can get a "hammy" taste overnight.
            It's funny,I tried seasoning about 2 hours before and we didn't like the taste,Maybe I'll try it again.Could have been the rub.

Originally posted by Fender60 View Post
            Looks like you are off to a great start. I really need to get me a sealer.
            It's the first time I used the sealer.My wife got it for me for Christmas.It was nice not having to have wrestle with saran wrap to get them out.Stuck the tongs into the bag,Pulled them out and racked them.

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
            I rub em right before I cook em cause I'm way too lazy to do it ahead of time

Looking toward the finish...
            This is what sucks about being semi-retired,You look for things to do........

Comment

looking good! What method are you using? No foil? 3-2-1?

I've never had pecan on ribs but i bet it's good!
              Mike
              Life In Pit Row

Comment

2 hour mark and now foiled up.I'm still getting used to the charcoal try and how much to put in for different meats.One of the racks got burned on the membrane side.Other that they look good.Final 2 hours in foil before saucing them for an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
                  looking good! What method are you using? No foil? 3-2-1?

I've never had pecan on ribs but i bet it's good!
                  2-2-1.Foil for the 2nd 2 hours,then I'll sauce them for the last hour.

Comment

Yer on it.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I wasn't too thrilled with the way they came out.Don't get me wrong,They were good,Just some burning.

Comment

Originally posted by 70stang View Post
                        I wasn't too thrilled with the way they came out.Don't get me wrong,They were good,Just some burning.

Maybe try saucing them for less time...The sugar in most sauces will burn in that amount of time...

I say they look good
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X