Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
    Mahogany Red comes to mind...

OK, Seriously...how about a taco type of seasoning. I can make one but I never have all the ingredients around. If it came in a mylar bag and I had one in my pantry...GIDDY UP!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tqlaRZOUwn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, If there was one suggestion I would make, it is revise your label for brine to include volumes to use for making a pint (or smaller quantities). I always lose my conversion "Post it note".

Also, maybe color code the labels so that they are distinguishable from one another. As I approached the 4th, I just knew I had some MH GP...when I went to look...CRAP, it was brine and I had no GP. I had to sit down because I started to hyperventilate!
    X2 on the brine label instructions.
    Mahogany Red has been taken Dana, maybe Mahogany Redd?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gracoman View Post
      You can find all ingredients for Char Siu marinade in any Asian market. Char Siu marinades can also be found in Asian mkts. Fully prepared in a jar and/or powdered mixes but I prefer to make my own. The complexity is unmatched and it does not rely on red food coloring.
      NO, no food coloring!

I'm not sure that your products are as fully known to the market as the need/should be.
      Time and results may be the answer with comp cooks.

Backyard
      Time, temp and knowledge of cooking amount of time to a specific temp, are the secret ingredients of smoking. Every meat needs a different time
      You don't really have an exposure to Tom G Public, except by word on mouth.

Have to admit, not sure where to go to improve in this economy. Maybe some local comps....with trophys for...for entering......
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I really want something new in the way of sweet and heat. Especially something for my ribs.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
          I really want something new in the way of sweet and heat. Especially something for my ribs.
          That would be the sweet/heat that Rich says is not to be...
          YES I want it too...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
            That would be the sweet/heat that Rich says is not to be...
            YES I want it too...
            I bet he will AT LEAST think aboot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
              I bet he will AT LEAST think aboot it.
              "Thinking about it" doesn't put it in my cabinet
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

C'mon Rich. How about we collaborate on the recipe? Love you long time!

Comment

Personally both my wife and I really liked the Sweet and Heat. Last year we used it in a local rib comp, unfortunately we were told the judges did not care for the heat and wanted more sweet and less heat, they said the ribs were a winner if those changes were made. Personally we loved the Sweet and Heat for a change in ribs and think it would be a winner offered in a larger 14 ounce shaker. Just my two cents...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                  --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                  www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

I'm not a fan of sweet with my meat...But the sweet/heat was a perfect balance...

C'mon Rich...
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
                      Personally both my wife and I really liked the Sweet and Heat. Last year we used it in a local rib comp, unfortunately we were told the judges did not care for the heat and wanted more sweet and less heat, they said the ribs were a winner if those changes were made. Personally we loved the Sweet and Heat for a change in ribs and think it would be a winner offered in a larger 14 ounce shaker. Just my two cents...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                      I like it personally, and a large shaker of it would be well accepted here
                      sigpic

Comment

I vote for the sweet/heat as well.

Maybe a sweet/heat jerky mix?
                        CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                        UDS 1.0
                        Afterburner
                        Weber Performer
                        Blue Thermapen
                        Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                        Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                        Auber Smoker Controller
                        Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                        -
                        "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

On board here with the sweet/heat...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Sweet/Heat, that'll never work - be awePhil! Wellll, maybe not awePhil but not great.....welll, might be sorta aight. Buttt if I say I like it he won't do it, soooo.

(worth a try)
                            Mark
                            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Now I think bout it, someone sent me some sweet heat pork rub in one of the Xmas exchanges. Was from the Southwest, maybe Arizona. Was pretty good!

Not that I'm suggestin anything.
                              Mark
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                                The salmon brine/cure will be finalized soon. Sadly, I don’t think the Sweet/Heat will see production. Just not the demand..and basically you can make it with 3% 60K chip powder and 6% brown sugar out of GP.

Sooo looking for something to play with. Anything bumming you out because you can’t find it or it’s not what you like?

I think my niche is to remain a custom in-house spice/rub provider. Yeah..I’ll never be Durkee, McCormick's or even Big Poppa, but it’s what I like doing, and I seem to be OK at it.

Sooo..no promises I’ll work on it..but what would YOU like to see?
                                Seems like there is a demand...I'm just saying...
                                Craig
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X