Upgrading meat slicer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading meat slicer

Besides a berkel or Hobart you guys have any commercial slicers you recommend? In the 3-500$ range. Here is the 1 I'm eyeing
    http://www.lemproducts.com/product/b...r-saws-slicers

Wow! Looks good 2me! I need a new slicer... I'm looking at that link good and hard! Thanks!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I picked this one up about 2 months ago. It made quick work of 24#s of Canadian Bacon and 8# of belly bacon. It was on my door 4 days after I ordered.
      Looks almost identical to the one you linked, probably came from the same factory in China
      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014DL1NXO..._aPzfHjoc3bQvk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Personally if I was butchering as much as you, I'd go with a Hobart, Berkel, or a globe. The quality can't be beat. They can be had in your price range on Craigslist or eBay. I got my automatic Berkel shipped to my door for $350
        sigpic

Comment

Ive got one from cabelas looks like the twin to the one your looking at .Its a good slicer.
          2-22.5'' weber
          1-18'' weber
          1 smokey joe
          22.5'' wsm
          24'' smoke vault
          1-outhouse
          Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
          Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Upgrading meat slicer

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
            Wow! Looks good 2me! I need a new slicer... I'm looking at that link good and hard! Thanks!

Notice it has a 5 year warranty too hawg

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
              Personally if I was butchering as much as you, I'd go with a Hobart, Berkel, or a globe. The quality can't be beat. They can be had in your price range on Craigslist or eBay. I got my automatic Berkel shipped to my door for $350

Was your new? I'm Scared to buy used in this situation as I'm scared I will buy a junker and not know if till it's a done deal

Comment

Upgrading meat slicer

Originally posted by strength_and_power View Post
                I picked this one up about 2 months ago. It made quick work of 24#s of Canadian Bacon and 8# of belly bacon. It was on my door 4 days after I ordered.
                Looks almost identical to the one you linked, probably came from the same factory in China
                https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014DL1NXO..._aPzfHjoc3bQvk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do look alike don't they. Quick glances shows LEM is good bit cheaper and comes with a automatic 5 year warranty rather than buying it extra for 57$ more.

Comment

Originally posted by Blinginpse View Post
                  Was your new? I'm Scared to buy used in this situation as I'm scared I will buy a junker and not know if till it's a done deal
                  It was used, I understand what you're saying. Had the same feeling. But you can ask for a video of it running, look at sellers rating. If they sell alot they won't want a bad review. Anything on Craigslist in your area?
                  sigpic

Comment

It was used, I understand what you're saying. Had the same feeling. But you can ask for a video of it running, look at sellers rating. If they sell alot they won't want a bad review. Anything on Craigslist in your area?

I haven't checked CG yet actually. Been some bad things happen on there that's been talked about around public so that
                    CG kinda scares me. I like buying and being protected cause atleast PayPal has our backs in this situations. Warranty also weighs heavy. I've never heard of globe I'll look them up but I know Hobart and berkel will stand by their equipment

Comment

I haven't checked CG yet actually. Been some bad things happen on there that's been talked about around public so that
                      CG kinda scares me. I like buying and being protected cause atleast PayPal has our backs in this situations. Warranty also weighs heavy. I've never heard of globe I'll look them up but I know Hobart and berkel will stand by their equipment
                      Understand that also, I always bring someone along. Globes are good machines I bought one 5 years ago for my first. It was made in the 50's. Ran great but was missing safety guards. I think they make some new ones for around $800.
                      sigpic

Comment

Understand that also, I always bring someone along. Globes are good machines I bought one 5 years ago for my first. It was made in the 50's. Ran great but was missing safety guards. I think they make some new ones for around $800.

800$ WHEEEW man need your kinda thick pocket book to buy something like that haha

Comment

800$ WHEEEW man need your kinda thick pocket book to buy something like that haha
                          I just pointed the $800 out cause the new Hobart and Berkel are alot more new. I think globe was trying a to hit guys like us up. Want quality but not the price tag a new one comes with. Honestly, if you're not in a hurry, you should be able to get one of the 3 brands I mentioned for under$500 through eBay, CL, or another way restaurant/grocery store auctions. I've had great luck going to auctions. Do you do Facebook? If so check for a local used restaurant group. I'm not saying the slicer in the link is good or bad. I have zero knowledge on them. I just know the quality of the commercial ones I mentioned.
                          sigpic

Comment

Upgrading meat slicer

I just pointed the $800 out cause the new Hobart and Berkel are alot more new. I think globe was trying a to hit guys like us up. Want quality but not the price tag a new one comes with. Honestly, if you're not in a hurry, you should be able to get one of the 3 brands I mentioned for under$500 through eBay, CL, or another way restaurant/grocery store auctions. I've had great luck going to auctions. Do you do Facebook? If so check for a local used restaurant group. I'm not saying the slicer in the link is good or bad. I have zero knowledge on them. I just know the quality of the commercial ones I mentioned.

Yes sir I know I'm just messing with ya on prices. I do have Facebook but I'm not good at it and Can't use it to good. I'll try to do some digging see what I can find. I'd prefer to have atleast a Hobart or berkel but options are open. I usually don't deal with LEM as I feel they are a bit expensive but the slicer I Linked to is pretty Competitor with the warranty they offer with it.

Comment

I have a Berkel I bought from the school system surplus site. Heavy as hell, but it works great! Slices anything cheese, bread, bacon, Pastrami goes right through all of it. Think I paid $225, came with an AV cart on wheels.

http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/browse/home

You can select search your area.
                              Mark
                              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                              X