No announcement yet.

2nd Annual Lockharts BBQ Rib Burn. Royal Oak, Mi. Oct. 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I gotta just say it: Sounds like a bunch o' folks got sand in there 'ginas to be complaining about why they can't make a free meat comp in there backyard.... "just saying" Bud........
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Copied this from the GLBBQA Forum

Results if anyone is interested

1. DET QUE - 1st time team
      2. Smoke Another One
      3. Ray's Holy Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
        Copied this from the GLBBQA Forum

Results if anyone is interested

1. DET QUE - 1st time team
        2. Smoke Another One
        3. Ray's Holy Smoke
        Huh cool... Ray's was that huge pit we were working on to get it going at 1AM at Silver Lake.

SAO's been HOT HOT HOT!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

And the weather was awesome!

Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
            And the weather was awesome!

Just saying.
            Yeah... it was decent. Ah well... I made money yesterday instead of spending it ;{) You guys draw a decent crowd?
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

you know the drill.... PICS!!!!!!!
              brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
              18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
              cast iron Hibachi
              22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
              & rotisserator
              12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
              stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
              Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
              http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
              my music recordings-
              http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Originally posted by blues_n_cues View Post
                you know the drill.... PICS!!!!!!!
                Pics will be posted on FB. Not 1 single SM member could be bothered to show @ a great backyard event? Sad really.

Comment

I turned in my excuse. Glad all went well. As I said earlier after telling my son about the place last weekend he is a big fan. Then again he just lives a short drive from there.

Comment

Pics will be posted on FB. Not 1 single SM member could be bothered to show @ a great backyard event? Sad really.
                    i looked into it but by the time i could "greydog" it up there it would have been over. not to mention i had to play Mr. Mom as usual... try this in the spring & actually answer yer phone -giving me 3 weeks notice. take me to lowe's for a flowerpot & an ecletic(yes...) burner.. & i'll be there...

p.s.- can i borrow yer couch???
                    cast iron Hibachi
                    & rotisserator

my music recordings-

Comment

you gotta wonder with the sheer number of michaganites on the forum that somebody should have been able to make it.

Guess you lot just don't know when you've got a good thing lol

any link to the facebook page bubba ?
                      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                        you gotta wonder with the sheer number of michaganites on the forum that somebody should have been able to make it.

Guess you lot just don't know when you've got a good thing lol

any link to the facebook page bubba ?
                        i don't do assbook but if ya did that down here & top price would have been simple wally world $100 gifty - you woulda had a crowd 4 sure.
                        cast iron Hibachi
                        & rotisserator

my music recordings-

Comment

Aww C'mon Steve, don't take it so personally. It really would of been nice to see you again since we never see you at any of the comps anymore.

Comment

Too far for me to drive on my budget, but I did manage to get outside, but no cooking.

Fished a local steelhead tourney with my oldest son. Had an awesome day with many fish on and in the boat. It was a great event for both of us. It is always on the same weekend, so I can never get down to Lockharts for their event.

It was just the two of us against 29 other guys, in my son's (new to him) boat.
                            It was fun watching him be " the captain" this time for a change. We did very well. We finished in 4th place, and I managed to catch the biggest fish of the day for a $76 cash bonus.
                            Best part was watching my boy beam with joy as we weighed our fish.

So thats my excuse Bubba.
                            I know you folks at Lockharts do a great job organizing these events, and helping us with many other michigan events. A real class act for sure. I trust that everyone involved was pleased with the day. The good lord sure did shine on us with the awesome weather.
                            Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
                              Too far for me to drive on my budget, but I did manage to get outside, but no cooking.

Fished a local steelhead tourney with my oldest son. Had an awesome day with many fish on and in the boat. It was a great event for both of us. It is always on the same weekend, so I can never get down to Lockharts for their event.

It was just the two of us against 29 other guys, in my son's (new to him) boat.
                              It was fun watching him be " the captain" this time for a change. We did very well. We finished in 4th place, and I managed to catch the biggest fish of the day for a $76 cash bonus.
                              Best part was watching my boy beam with joy as we weighed our fish.

So thats my excuse Bubba.
                              I know you folks at Lockharts do a great job organizing these events, and helping us with many other michigan events. A real class act for sure. I trust that everyone involved was pleased with the day. The good lord sure did shine on us with the awesome weather.
                              as much as wish Bubba would share his pics from the rib burn, yours are the ones I want to see!!!
                              Charbroil SFB
                              GOSM
                              MES
                              Dutch Ovens and other CI
                              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

I can't speak for the local boys, I really am a bit to far for a two day deal..

Steve how was your crowd turnout compared to last years??
                                Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Working...
                                X