No announcement yet.

Congrats to Capt N Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HURRRRAAAAAYYYYY....... Let the Richtee Avatar mods begin!!!!!!!

Really though, that is outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!
    sigpic

Comment

As always, had a great time cookin with the team. We should have better though. I missed on the chix this time and I know what the prob was. Over seasoned and the sauce wasnt there (improper mix). Oh well. Got the notes written down for this comp and will adjust accordingly.

Wanted to be in the top 10 overall, did better than that! What a way to end the season though with a 2nd and a 3rd overall. Want to give Capt Dan, Lee, and Rich a huge thx for the great times, cooks, and year!
      Last edited by Crewdawg52; 09-12-2010, 07:37 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Fantastic! You Cat's are on it!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thank you ALL for the cheers and support!

Here's the results... IMO, quite a shakeup- well, except for Extreme/Troy- that guy's a MACHINE! Quite a few teams I'm used to seeing up in the ranks were not there... and a team or two who are pretty new scored well! (Rich/iBq'in! Kudos, man!)

http://www.kcbs.us/events.php?year=2010&month=9&id=1995

Was a pretty darn impressive run, guys- I want to than Dan, Geoff and Lee for the good times and hard work. Made it all fun first- and satisfying second!
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Wow! very cool.
            Congrats guys!
            JT

Comment

FANTASTIC! Congratulations guys! That is an awesome showing
              Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
              Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Congrats all of ya. I know you've all worked hard to get to this point. Nice!
                S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                New Braunfels Bandera
                UniFlame Gas Grill
                Lil Chief

Comment

Way to go guys!!! You did great!
                  www.nopigleftbehind.com
                  -----------------------------

Comment

Well the cat's out of the bag already but I will still put this little clip on here. We stood at the back of the crowd at the awards ceremony and I was very confident in our pork and equally as confident in our brisket as they were almost kin. So I switched my el cheapo camera over to video mode just before they announced the first place pork category and really wish I would of held down the button a bit longer but it's still a great moment.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXy-HuPLhR4[/yt]

The area the event was held was real nice. Heres a shot of Silver Lake with sand dunes on the far shore, beyond the dunes is Lake Michigan.

After camp was set up and all the meat was trimmed and prepped it's party time. Capt. Dan and Rich throwing some washers. It's a great game Rich brought, when theres alot of people around (better than lawn darts) hehe.

In the wee hours of 9/11 Capt Dan and I were just BS'n, the big meats were cookin and it was windy for the most part until I tried to get a pic of ol glory waving proudly in the breeze, then everytime I went to take a pic the wind would stop briefly. Dan said; it's like trying to take a picture of a child. Capt Dan; at every event, proudly display's our American Flag mounted on the Lang.

When Capt. Dan went down for his hour of sleep, Rich brought along some of that venison backstap wrapped in bacon, he made a makeshift grill using what you see and they were cooked to perfection. Great job Rich....for a three in the morning snack.

When Dan took a nap in his chair, he shut off the lights/power at one end of camp and it was chilly. Our lava lamp kinda firmed up into this perverted looking mass which we got alot of laughs from.

The stars were out all night but as day broke it didn't look good. Clouds moved in and the rain started and kept up until our final turn in. Heres our modified chicken cooker. Were just happy it stopped long enough to break down and pack up.

A little blurry Chicken turn in box.

Ribs are ready to slice and place in the turn in box.

And placed in turn box..........it is pretty I think.

Dan on the way back from accepting our 5th place Ribs award.

What can you say about this pork? it was great. While sampling I said it tastes like a cloud of pork. But like I said that Brisket was equally good. But the judges spoke.

And last but not least the brisket turn in.

Had a great time with a great bunch of talented guy's.
                    Last edited by SmokinLee; 09-12-2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I have some work to do on this post. I'll get er dun.
                      Last edited by SmokinLee; 09-12-2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Wow! The food looks fantastic. Gets my vote for sure. Congrats guys.

Tom

Comment

Congras team were proud of yuo!!!.... Dwayne.
                          South Georgia heat,,,smoking something....
                          Chargrill w/ royaloak lump
                          Mad Hunky droooooling

Comment

Looks awesome, what cut is that pork? Looks like loin?
                            Mark
                            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Congrats guys! Fine job on some fine looking meat. You guys had a great season and should be very proud.
                              sigpic

GOSM/propane
                              UDS (Cam)/lump
                              22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                              Weber Genesis/propane
                              Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                                Looks awesome, what cut is that pork? Looks like loin?
                                That's the much touted "money muscle" at the side of the butt, 90° from the bone... Those hunks just melted in your mouth like a good chocolate bar :{)
                                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                                X