Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
    I STILL have that pict, Phil... you know the one.... PLENTY clear too
    Oh God, I thought that image was washed away with that gallon of Clorox I dumped in me eyes...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by meatinc View Post
      I like the IBCA comps because they are typically less expensive to enter and no garnish! The other big difference is that the judges at the top tier / final table eat out of the same box (with a knife and a fork) that was tasted in the initial round. That meat is COLD by then - still safe based on HD - but COLD.

I do miss getting the score sheets though because it certainly helps to get some feedback on your turn in.

I think (?!?) that KCBS has to have a minimum of 25 teams to qualify for a KCBS sactioned event - not sure there is a minimum number of teams for IBCA.
      IBCA doesn't really have a minimum but we prefer to have at least 10 teams at an event -

There are several invitationals that the teams can qualify for:
      10 teams minimum - top 3 places in each meat category (brisket, ribs, chicken, pork) are invited to the National Championship BBQ, Meridian TX the 4th w/e of October each year.

1st place (each meat category) & GC are invited to the IBCA Invitational, Grand Prairie TX the 2nd w/e of October.

If the event has a Proclamation from the State making it a State championship - the first year there must be 15 teams and thereafter 25 teams for the GC to be qualified for the Kansas City Royal Invitational and the GC's name will go into the lottery for the draw at the Jack Daniels Invitational, Lynchburg, TN (hardest event to get into because you have to qualify and then get the luck of the draw)

Comment

I thought this was a forum about the IBCA judging format - there are definitely a lot of bs off of the subject

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
          I thought this was a forum about the IBCA judging format - there are definitely a lot of bs off of the subject
          Yup, you are right... happens sometimes around here. We're a fun group...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

IBCA doesn't really have a minimum but we prefer to have at least 10 teams at an event -

There are several invitationals that the teams can qualify for:
            10 teams minimum - top 3 places in each meat category (brisket, ribs, chicken, pork) are invited to the National Championship BBQ, Meridian TX the 4th w/e of October each year.

1st place (each meat category) & GC are invited to the IBCA Invitational, Grand Prairie TX the 2nd w/e of October.

If the event has a Proclamation from the State making it a State championship - the first year there must be 15 teams and thereafter 25 teams for the GC to be qualified for the Kansas City Royal Invitational and the GC's name will go into the lottery for the draw at the Jack Daniels Invitational, Lynchburg, TN (hardest event to get into because you have to qualify and then get the luck of the draw)
            So, have you folks migrated to the east coast yet? I haven't seen anything around here except KCBS... would really like to get a taste of IBCA...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
              So, have you folks migrated to the east coast yet? I haven't seen anything around here except KCBS... would really like to get a taste of IBCA...
              Hawg, here's a schedule for the 2011 season.
              http://www.ibcabbq.org/events2011/Year.html
              sigpic
              New Braunfels Bandera
              New Braunfels Hondo
              4-22.5" Weber Kettles
              1-26" Weber Kettle
              24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
              Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

This is NOT a "forum" for it, but a POST in "forum" for BBQ contest content.

And..even that is no guarantee of "purity" ;{)
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                  Hawg, here's a schedule for the 2011 season.
                  http://www.ibcabbq.org/events2011/Year.html
                  Thanks Mikey... man, there's nothing close enough to my locale... not with gas being what it is now...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                    Thanks Mikey... man, there's nothing close enough to my locale... not with gas being what it is now...
                    I hear ya on the price of gas
                    I need to study the rules which by the way are pretty straight forward and get my ducks in a row. Got a buddy who's going to give me a trailer to put the Bandera in and hope to fetch up a Weber kettle soon. I'm really lookin forward to this type of format which should be fun
                    sigpic
                    New Braunfels Bandera
                    New Braunfels Hondo
                    4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                    1-26" Weber Kettle

Comment

Several years ago we had on in Richmond VA but the Promoter lost his sponsorship and we never got it going again. Keep an eye on our events list and if something out east comes up I will definitely post it here

Comment

Several years ago we had on in Richmond VA but the Promoter lost his sponsorship and we never got it going again. Keep an eye on our events list and if something out east comes up I will definitely post it here
                        With only 2 events here in Ca. Hesperia is doable for me, but Oakland is just way too far. Thanks Lynn for that bit of info and I'm sure you'll keep us posted with any added venues out on the East Coast
                        sigpic
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        New Braunfels Hondo
                        4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                        1-26" Weber Kettle

Comment

Good luck Mikey! ..... Sounds like fun
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                            Good luck Mikey! ..... Sounds like fun
                            Thanks Scott. I'm really looking forward to it. Kinda counting on the fun factor bein' off the hook
                            sigpic
                            New Braunfels Bandera
                            New Braunfels Hondo
                            4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                            1-26" Weber Kettle

Comment

I do like the idea. But I also have a couple of concerns about the judging.

Example: What if a judge just loves "falloff the bone" ribs, while another doesn't. One good score, one bad score. At least at KCBS, you do have a judging criteria for each meat. And in this instance, the ribs would be downgraded for being over cooked.
                              sigpic

Comment

With the average of all of the judges the cream always rises to the top

Comment

Working...
                                X