No announcement yet.

Silver Lake KCBS Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They weren't and it was. But not hateful. Brisket was dissapointing. Damn they were pretty raw.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Chit happens, Do Do occurs too! You gave it a shot, most can't say that.
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Well..we bested

33. Real BarBQ - 574.2854

Just sayin'.
        Congratulations on that. OK Bud.
        Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Well..we bested

33. Real BarBQ - 574.2854

Just sayin'.
          Chix, I screwed up! I admit it..... no ones fault but mine........

Real Barb Q's "assistant/helper/BOSS" was extremely......... I should say.......... upset she drove from Toronto, meet Real Barb Q, and see his knowledge of bbq. So much for believing what someone says on Facebook!

Oh well, I do hope Capt N Smoke lives for next year!!!!

Thoughts and prayers to you Rich and the family!!!!!!

Geoff
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crewdawg52 View Post
            Chix, I screwed up! I admit it..... no ones fault but mine........

Real Barb Q's "assistant/helper/BOSS" was extremely......... I should say.......... upset she drove from Toronto, meet Real Barb Q, and see his knowledge of bbq. So much for believing what someone says on Facebook!

Oh well, I do hope Capt N Smoke lives for next year!!!!

Thoughts and prayers to you Rich and the family!!!!!!

Geoff
            Sounds like a good time for most....

Everything all right with Rich?

Comment

Yes... I'm allright. My Grandmother is not tho. But 92's not a bad age. She'll be passing soon.

On another plus side of the weekend, I seen my first sand dunes, and ate a bit of one. I LOVE dunebuggies!
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

damn highest place was 16th - guess it's got to happen every now and then.

But it gets you out of the house, time with friends
                Can't win them all.
                And other such platitudes that won't make you feel any better

Bugger it, you turned up and didn't come anywhere near to last - got to be worth something :-)

Personally I think this years comps for you lot would all be the better for knowing that dan's going to be around for many more years to come - and that's not something any of us thought a couple of years ago.
                You got the time to take many walks- as a team - in the future. What's one dodgy comp compared to that ?
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  Personally I think this years comps for you lot would all be the better for knowing that dan's going to be around for many more years to come - and that's not something any of us thought a couple of years ago.
                  You got the time to take many walks- as a team - in the future. What's one dodgy comp compared to that ?
                  Well put CA.
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                  Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Indeed... it's a blessing. Oh, we appreciate that for sure. It's probably the main reason I put up with, errr am arsed to go to these events

Comment

Sounds like I missed a good one....Congrats to those who walked!
                      ~Brian~
                      GLBBQA Member KCBS Member and CBJ
                      BBQ Jones Comp Team

Comment

Amen to that. We did have fun together as always. After this event I don't think I'm cut out for the BBQ competition world. Not because we didn't win and even with little or no sleep we may get grumpy, we always keep our kool, joke and work together very well. Maybe I'm still just tired.. I suppose by next year I should get more than a bone to chew on. ( one of the jokes during rib sampling )

Richtee;258407]Indeed... it's a blessing. Oh, we appreciate that for sure. It's probably the main reason I put up with, errr am arsed to go to these events [/QUOTE]

Comment

...Personally I think this years comps for you lot would all be the better for knowing that dan's going to be around for many more years to come - and that's not something any of us thought a couple of years ago.
                          Well said Alex!! Amen to that!

Rich, look at it this way... ya didn't come in dead-assed last! Shit happens for sure... been there, done that!

Sorry to hear about your grandmom bud... prayers on the way.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                            Well said Alex!! Amen to that!

Rich, look at it this way... ya didn't come in dead-assed last! Shit happens for sure... been there, done that!

Sorry to hear about your grandmom bud... prayers on the way.
                            yes, the comps are secondary i think.... the comraderie you share, esp now knowing Dan is on the path to being healthy again is awesome. i dont have to be a member of a bbq team to know that is very very special.

still keeping Rich and mom and family in prayers. even though a life may have been lived to the fullest, and the end is apparent, when the moment comes there still is a void which will need to be filled. All the best for ya Rich!
                            Charbroil SFB
                            GOSM
                            MES
                            Dutch Ovens and other CI
                            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                              Rich, look at it this way... ya didn't come in dead-assed last!
                              or 33rd...
                              ~Brian~
                              GLBBQA Member KCBS Member and CBJ
                              BBQ Jones Comp Team

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                                Amen to that. We did have fun together as always. After this event I don't think I'm cut out for the BBQ competition world. Not because we didn't win and even with little or no sleep we may get grumpy, we always keep our kool, joke and work together very well. Maybe I'm still just tired.. I suppose by next year I should get more than a bone to chew on. ( one of the jokes during rib sampling )

Richtee;258407]Indeed... it's a blessing. Oh, we appreciate that for sure. It's probably the main reason I put up with, errr am arsed to go to these events
                                [/QUOTE]

You guys need to cheer up. You're acting like you invited some chick from Facebook to come help you cook, thinking you were going to score with her, only to have her leave you and party with the other teams.....

Comment

Working...
                                X