No announcement yet.

Silver Lake KCBS Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great update Rich, Capt! (Ya did miss a great finish of that U-M/ND game - Wow. The Big House looked electric lit up at night. Folks did not go home after it ended, too.)

I think your comments about the comp level rising up there is true, no doubt about it. A lot of well known names there.
    Glen
    Large Vertical & 3 UDS (Illini drum by Bubba before he went big-time)
    KCBS CBJ
    Blue Thermopen
    Profile:
    http://www.coltecconsulting.com

Comment

Originally posted by flyin' illini View Post
      I think your comments about the comp level rising up there is true, no doubt about it. A lot of well known names there.
      That's no joke...there are some seriously good teams compared to just last year. Like the bottom of the pack has come way up. Scores are much higher on average too.
      ~Brian~
      GLBBQA Member KCBS Member and CBJ
      BBQ Jones Comp Team

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        Must be tough on you guys (competitors) that will reproduce nearly the same thing week after week and results vary from 1st, to middle of the pack, to lower end of pack, or whatever. ..... You gotta be thinking WTF?
        we did our first comp 4 years ago at Dover,deleware....

I still remember what lady told me...

"we won a comp and did same thing and finished DAL next week"...

Like Richie said though...not like its a catering event and folk said it sucked...It is a COMP/game thing we doin....

Never know and more you do if good at this stuff the better odds etc......I think this just 2nd comp for captain and smoke this year and thats rough in the agregate...I be fortunate we do 10-15 a year last few years...It is a roll dice lotta times even if you have your stuff tight...

Comment

Originally posted by Blowin Smoke View Post
          If I'm not mistaking that's Big D's new team name. I'm pretty sure he works for Real BarBQ at the Canton location now and is using that team name now in competition. Not poking the bear.
          I believe he use to work there, rumor has it he is firing his boss...
          --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
          www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

All I can say is............... Dam, I wish I had a camera to take Rich's pic when he showed up after the Sand Dune ride. Sand, grit, and mud in his teeth when he smiled.

Can anyone say, "yup, I is a sutherner damn it"!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
              Some of us hang on to that little thread of a dream(nightmare) through your posts.
              Yup. It's great to live vicariously in the comp world through the forum.

Appreciate you guys sharing your experiences with the rest of us.

Dave
              CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
              UDS 1.0
              Afterburner
              Weber Performer
              Blue Thermapen
              Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
              Auber Smoker Controller
              Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
              -
              "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Crewdawg52 View Post
                Real Barb Q's "assistant/helper/BOSS" was extremely......... I should say.......... upset she drove from Toronto, meet Real Barb Q, and see his knowledge of bbq. So much for believing what someone says on Facebook!
                Interesting.
                sigpic

GOSM/propane
                UDS (Cam)/lump
                22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                Weber Genesis/propane
                Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Originally posted by lcruzen View Post
                  Interesting.
                  It always bugs me when you see folk enter a contest and they are now "pro's"...

Anybody can enter a comp and talk smack etc..

I wont mention his name,but it certainly was obvious in his posts he wasnt near ready to do well in a competition when it came to putting out 4 quality meats on a schedule/timeline...Does sweeten the pot though for teams that can win...

Comment

Originally posted by lcruzen View Post
                    Interesting.
                    Heh... She stopped by out site later in the eve Friday night to chat a bit. I was impressed with her talk. And, the "wing challenge"- D did place third in the popular vote. I had one. Sweet (heh) but good. She ran the wings too, of course.
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post

I wont mention his name,but it certainly was obvious in his posts he wasnt near ready to do well in a competition when it came to putting out 4 quality meats on a schedule/timeline...Does sweeten the pot though for teams that can win...
                      True.... and true. Cap't-N-Smoke donated as well
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        True.... and true. Cap't-N-Smoke donated as well
                        Heck...we spent a year sweetning the pot....

Comment

lol, so true,

Its ok to talk some smack if you can back it up, otherwise you come off looking like 30+ year old clown who lives in his parents basement.

btw, congrats to all who competed, looks like a fun event.
                          Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Heck...we spent a year sweetning the pot....
                            Perhaps worse... we got a good start outta the blocks. "Beginner's luck"? dunno. Over-thinking and expectations? Perhaps. Regardless..it is what it WAS.

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
                              Its ok to talk some smack if you can back it up, otherwise you come off looking like 30+ year old clown who lives in his parents basement.
                              Hey..is it OK that at 48 I live in my own basement?

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                                Hey..is it OK that at 48 I live in my own basement?
                                of course, key words: "your own basement".

I think most married guys have been banished to the basement at some point.
                                Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Working...
                                X