No announcement yet.

3rd Annual Golden State BBQ Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck on this competition....Some of the names i recognize and i am sure it will be a blast....

Comment

good luck and have a great time. I am sure you all wil have good turn in. and may the taste judges write high numbers on yer cards.
      sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
      nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Fantastic! you two are gonna have so much fun!
        JT

Comment

You know what your going to get from me. "All the Best"...
          ---------------------------------------------------
          I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          KCBS CBJ

Comment

A question for you seasoned comp masters...

Hi you all!
            When you do a comp, how many (what size) tables do you think you would need? I don't want to talk Ry into hauling a shite load of tables that we wont need.... What say you??

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

I usually take 3 six footers... one for the wash station, and two for prep and carving. I also take a plastic snap together shelving unit to put all my spices and "stuff" on.

On Edit: Make sure you have adjustable legs on the tables, or some PVC pipe cut to length to slip over the legs to jack the tables up to a comfortable height...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

This is so exciting! I just want to send my positive thoughts your way.
                Looking forward to the pictures!
                "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by moselle View Post
                  This is so exciting! I just want to send my positive thoughts your way.
                  Looking forward to the pictures!
                  Thank you very much Mo! Its almost here... I am terrified lol!

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                  I usually take 3 six footers... one for the wash station, and two for prep and carving. I also take a plastic snap together shelving unit to put all my spices and "stuff" on.

On Edit: Make sure you have adjustable legs on the tables, or some PVC pipe cut to length to slip over the legs to jack the tables up to a comfortable height...
                  Thank you Phil..
                  We are taking Ry's RV. I thought all the prep would go on inside the RV.??? Does everyone do the prep outside?
                  Thats a great ideaabout the PVC pipe!
                  We signed up to do two oz tasters, the Health Dept is strict on the "2oz" I guess if you get some bad meat 2oz wont get you quite as sick! lol!

When you set up do you surround your area with the tables as to block it off?

Comment

with my old team the RV sink and fridge were perfectly legal for health regulations(KCBS).Phil and i will use the wash tub way at salisbury.

Every comp i have been at the space given is different.Most folk usually have at least one pop up canopy that kinda marks your space and the tables kinda wall you off a bit....Some folk cook right out in the open and others wall themselves off etc...

Comment

So many blonde questions.... lol!

Thanks Alex!

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                        So many blonde questions.... lol!

Thanks Alex!
                        Our first comp 6 years ago we had one pop up canopy and 2 tables and slept in chairs....We had no clue but finished 10th outta 40...We met so many like minded people we got hooked...

The RV is the ticket....I will bring my truck with a blow up air mattress and snooze in that for salisbury.....

You guys will have a blast....

Comment

Its almost here... I am terrified lol!
                          Terrified?? Nah, relax and have fun, Kelly. You guys will do great!!

Dave
                          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                          UDS 1.0
                          Afterburner
                          Weber Performer
                          Blue Thermapen
                          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                          Auber Smoker Controller
                          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                          -
                          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Thank you very much Mo! Its almost here... I am terrified lol!

Thank you Phil..
                            We are taking Ry's RV. I thought all the prep would go on inside the RV.??? Does everyone do the prep outside?
                            Thats a great ideaabout the PVC pipe!
                            We signed up to do two oz tasters, the Health Dept is strict on the "2oz" I guess if you get some bad meat 2oz wont get you quite as sick! lol!

When you set up do you surround your area with the tables as to block it off?
                            Sorry I didn't get back at ya' sooner, I've been wrenching on Project Jeep.

What Alex said!

Yes, the RV will do just fine, I mean REAL fine! When my parents passed, I wish I had known at the time we were selling/cleaning out their stuff, that I would be getting into competitions. Dad had a NICE enclosed trailer and a 34' Pace Arrow RV... perfect for what I'm doing now. Oh well...

Don't get the jitters, just do what you do, don't change a thing. Get to know your neighbors... The knowledge you gain by talking to them will be very valuable in your next comp. Of course, there's alot to be absorbed here too... butt you already know that!

Good luck to you two! Go out there and kick some serious bootay!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

should have some results by now anyone got any info
                              sigpic
                              GO GATORS.
                              Raymond Cato
                              MOJO SMOKEHOUSE BBQ TEAM.
                              125 Gallon Stickburner yet to be named
                              BBQ GRILLWARE STAINLESS CHARCOAL
                              2 ecbs
                              bbq pro offset
                              18.5"WSM
                              22" WSM
                              22" WEBER OTS
                              smoked meat member #57

Comment

15th in Chicken & 13th in Ribs..... They cut the Brisket wrong? and that's all I know...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X