No announcement yet.

Pork in the Park BBQ Festival, Salisbury, MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil, I sure dig great stories such as yours and Alex, here. Maybe ya didn't get first and come home with a fat back pocket, but the story of camaraderie, is a winner in my book brotha. Everyone sounds like they had a good time and thats what it is all about. Welcome home guys! There is always next time. Just remember your sauces POP-POP!!
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Glad you and the jeep made it safely Phil and that you got your sauces, don't you hate when you forget something that important? Just can't believe it could happen
      Good thing it worked out.
      There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Phil...I know the fustration of which you speak. But it's in the judge's hands. As hard to accept as it is... you just gotta know in your heart- when you turn in something you really like- remember one thing: you usually have enough to bring home!

Sounds like fun anyway... bravo!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thought i had taken more pics.

Ribs ..

butt.

5 rows like this...132 teams..

Last edited by ALX; 04-19-2010, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Glad you guys had a good time. Nice...
            Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Hey all, I am sorry that it took me so long to drop in a real update for our day trip yesterday. Ya kno it didnt happen without photo's to prove it

The directions the pork in the park flyer said that it was a two hour trip from the Chesapeake Bay bridge tunnel to the park in Salisbury MD. I am now very certain they never have traveled it with their six year old grandson, obey any posted speed limit or find out after they placed their breakfast order at hardee's that the two bus loads of people heading to Dover Downs for a day of gambling really stagnates any hope of the drive thru being fast. With that said I must give the bus drivers an atta-boy for the clever hiding of those buses so that the north bound traffic had no clue

After an extended 2 hour journey (it’s really 3 and 3 1/2 from my front door) we arrived at the winterpark in Salisbury.

Now this wasn’t my first rodeo, but it was my first bbq competition and everything looked like this.

Now I am old enough to remember when tailgating at the nhra, indy, and nascar races looked like this. So i was not shocked.

What did shock me was when Debbie asked me, what team are we looking for? Of course I answered with “hawg heaven” she looks around and says we are in “hawg heaven”…. and I pondered that thought for a moment and decided she was right again. After agreeing with her we split up and went looking for Phil's place. heck theres only 130 some teams

Debbie and Christopher found Phil’s place of hiding

We found Hawg fashion was going on

Here is Phil boxing pulled pork

I did try to get Alex in a photo but he was mumbling something about facial recognition programs outstanding warrants and statute of limitations…. Just kidding

I had a great time meeting Phil, Dennis and Alex.

Debbie and I are lighthouse buffs so we stopped at the assateague lighthouse and it needs a paint job, its really bad to see these historic places go down hill. That’s another soap box for another time.

We let Christopher blow off some steam at the beach while we were there.

Now I know the judges had the hawg heaven team rated middle of the pack… I got there late so I didn’t get to sample the chicken but the pulled pork solid, the brisket was the way I like it beef and cracked black pepper, and Phil’s ribs were the best I have ever had. Shoot the dude is a winner in my book.

ps the doctor says i'm going to be as big as the pink guy if i dont change my ways

Last edited by crusty ol salt; 04-19-2010, 04:20 PM.
              Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Great photos you guys!!!
                Its great to hear all the tales and what you would do different the next time.
                Marcus, great shot of the lighthouse too! Thank you all for sharing!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Pictures!!

Thanks again Alex and Marcus for the photo coverage!! Great job you guys!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics & the write up

So.....when is the next one?
                    FBJ

WSM
                    Med. Spicewine
                    Stumps GF223
                    KCBS/NEBS Member
                    KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by Fatback Joe View Post
                      Thanks for sharing the pics & the write up

So.....when is the next one?
                      Next one for me is Mount Holly, NJ in July...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Nice hat brother!

Comment

Great Pics guys. looks like a huge event for sure, and some nice weather on turn in day. That's always a blessing!

By the way, the food looked awesome.
                          Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
                            Nice hat brother!
                            Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                            I like the shirt, too.

Where can I get one of those Phil? I looked on your website but no luck.

Dave
                            CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                            UDS 1.0
                            Afterburner
                            Weber Performer
                            Blue Thermapen
                            Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                            Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                            Auber Smoker Controller
                            Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                            -
                            "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Looks like a Blast!.... Never been to one or even seen one advertised around here. Good job guys!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                                I like the shirt, too.

Where can I get one of those Phil? I looked on your website but no luck.

Dave
                                Sorry guys, butt I have to get an order placed for more shirts... I'll let you know when. Any particular sizes?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                                X