No announcement yet.

Vista Comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some great pics, is that your caravan behind the table ?

All the comforts of home :-)

So are samples free or do people pay ?
    'cos you sure cooked an awful lot of food.
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Ryan, Kelly, you Two Irish Fools are number one in my book! The food looked awesome, and what a blast you guys had! Sheesh, I gotta get out there on the left coast for a visit!

Rock on!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks like you guys had a great time.

Wish we could have been there to meet some more forum members.

Michael and Holly are STILL talking about our trip to Apple Valley.

Dave
        CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
        UDS 1.0
        Afterburner
        Weber Performer
        Blue Thermapen
        Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
        Thermoworks Chef Alarm
        Auber Smoker Controller
        Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
        -
        "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
          Some great pics, is that your caravan behind the table ?

All the comforts of home :-)

So are samples free or do people pay ?
          'cos you sure cooked an awful lot of food.
          That is my trailer indeed. I like to bring it for the sinks and for sleeping arrangements, for those who get to sleep...lol
          7/30 6:00 am to 7/31 9:30 pm

The samples are not free. The masses were required to purchase tickets for 2 dollars a piece. One ticket got them 2 oz taste more or less. Due to Health Department Regs. We only got to keep 50% of the "sales". We weren't vending we were only supplying samples, we were told. Our 50% amounted to $193 free and clear. That alone pays for the meat. Imagine if we got all of it?¿? Awesome! The other 50% went to a foundation for children in need and homeless shelter. Good cause, so we are proud to be a part of it. It went to good use and not the local government.
          Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
          Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Very proud of you two fools.

Hope to get out there to see you guys ASAP.

Herbie baby.
            Chargriller Pro w. sfb
            Ducane 4100 propane grill
            Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words folks.
              Jt & Jim thank you for making the 7 hour drive, and tell "me too" we missed her a lot.
              Gary, Kathy, Rando :) and Irma, it was so awesome to meet you and I cannot wait to get together again! You are all so close so a bbq before summer ends is a MUST DO! I heard rumor about the 28th.. so I am trying to work that out.
              Ry, you know we busted arse, and we heard no "creative critisicim" about our que from anyone..well cept the faken judges! LOL, I love you man and we will keep pounding it out! Please tell Kiki for me that those pix are awesome, big hug and a huge thank you for all his hard work. Billie Jean, PB, we cant roll without her, big loves to one of my dearest friends. See you soon!

I want to toss this in, Mr. Soo from Slap yo' daddy bbq, is one faken class act, he does mentor new teams (mentor, we don't need no stinkin mentor) and he held a couple of hands on classes for new teams, one on how to do your boxes..the other on ribs.

He was an amazing teacher. "the three "f"s, one is faith, you have faith in your bbq because you have been doing it in your backyard for family and friends and know how good you are, two is focus, know what you are doing know and what you are going to do next, stay focused, three is fire, the fire that burns within you to make quality bbq with an open heart because you love to please people and have a passion that burns inside you"
              I really look forward to meeting and competing with him again, what a treat.
              I was very happy to see him win, he really is a cool cat daddy.

Thank you all again, and I have to echo Ryan, get out there and give it a try, its an amazing ride!
              Happy Smokes all

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                I want to toss this in, Mr. Soo from Slap yo' daddy bbq, is one faken class act, he does mentor new teams (mentor, we don't need no stinkin mentor) and he held a couple of hands on classes for new teams, one on how to do your boxes..the other on ribs.
                I've heard a lot of great things about him. It would have been nice if they would have featured him more on the BBQ Pitmasters show instead of spending so much time with Myron.

Glad to hear you guys are ready to go back at it. In reading through the standings, it seems like those team names show up a lot. You guys are runnin' with some pretty big dogs of BBQ so there's something to be said for that for sure.

Dave
                CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                UDS 1.0
                Afterburner
                Weber Performer
                Blue Thermapen
                Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                Auber Smoker Controller
                Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                -
                "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

These are the score sheets for each category. I thought maybe they would be more legible. Came out a tad smaller.

Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                  Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

As long as you didn't finish DAL and had a good time is all that matters.

Can't help you with taste and tenderness but you could surely get some good advise here on your box presentation. Maybe start another thread with your boxes asking for some pointers.

Comment

Thats a good idea Bubba........................if they want advice. I was thinkin the same thing.
                      Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Working...
                      X