Kentucky Fire Crackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
    Finally got around to trying this out. Don't know why I waited so long! Great stuff and I can see trying out lots of different spices. I only did one sleeve of Saltines and used some Ranch mix, red pepper flakes and Mad Hunky. Going to have to kick it up a notch next time though.
    Ain't they good? Hey... need a sample of the Hot Ass Whang? Might be able to skip the pepper flakes... Phew!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I made some a few weeks ago with some hot whang, and its sorta dumb how good they are!
      New Braunfels Black Diamond
      18.5" WSM
      Weber Performer Deluxe Black
      18.5 Weber Kettle
      22.5 Weber Kettle
      Maverick ET732
      6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrZip66 View Post
        I made some a few weeks ago with some hot whang, and its sorta dumb how good they are!
        Best description I have heard on these things ...... .... They are Awesome!
        sigpic

Comment

Re:

These large plastic containers like snacks are packaged in, common at Sam's Club" and large box stores, are great for making these "Fire Crackers".

If you know anyone who is throwing these away, ask them for these and clean them up to use. Mine is 9" wide and 10" tall with a orange grip lid.

I put a sleeve of saltines in it and then pour 1/4 of my mix over them and then shake them around with the lid in place. Getting them well stirred up.
          Then repeat with the other 3 sleeves and continue tumbling them around
          so they get mixed and coated well. Then leave them over night.

My friends who have tried some of these are wanting to learn how to make them now so I tell them to get one of these plastic containers and the rest will be easy.

I crushed some of these up recently and used them as a topping on mac and cheese for a girl I see from time to time. She was amazed by the cracker topping and couldn't imagine how I got that wonderful flavored cracker crust.

I'd imagine that there is a lot that can be done with these beside just eating them as snacks.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            Ain't they good? Hey... need a sample of the Hot Ass Whang? Might be able to skip the pepper flakes... Phew!
            Planning on ordering some soon!

Originally posted by eDJ View Post
            These large plastic containers like snacks are packaged in, common at Sam's Club" and large box stores, are great for making these "Fire Crackers".
            Great idea! Also for storage, my parents gave me the idea of using empty Pringles containers...a sleeve of saltines fit right in.
            Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
            Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
            1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
            Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
            Pink Thermapen
            Purple Thermapen

Comment

Re:

Got to thinking about the Ranch Dressing Mix I make the Firecrackers with and how I've been paying $1.45 a pack for em.

Could I find a "Copy Cat" knock off recipe for that stuff that would be easy to make ?

Since I embarked on this hunt I finally found a recipe/formula. I haven't tried it yet but when I get to the store the next time I'll be making some of it and my next jug of Firecrackers.

Most of us probably have the stuff on hand already, except possibly for one item.

I used to try to keep this stuff around for baking etc but it hardened and went bad long before I could use it all. But by making this Ranch Dressing Mix to use for the Firecrackers or Salad Dressing it wouldn't have time to go bad.

Hidden Valley's web site has plenty of recipes and idea on the third
              tab from the left.

http://www.hiddenvalley.com/recipe/#

Recipe: (Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Copy)

1/2 cup dry buttermilk
              1 tablespoon dried parsley, crushed
              1 teaspoon dried dill weed
              1 teaspoon onion powder
              1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
              1 teaspoon salt
              1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
              1/4 teaspoon ground pepper

Directions:

1) Combine all ingredients in a blender.

2) Blend at high speed until smooth.

3) If you want to use this to make salad dressing combine 1 tablespoon mix with 1 cup mayonnaise and 1 cup milk.

4) Otherwise use 1 tablespoon in any recipe calling for an envelope of ranch dressing mix.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Comment

That's pretty neat eDj. I pay $1.99 for a pack here.
                Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                Pink Thermapen
                Purple Thermapen

Comment

Thanks eDJ. Saved it for the future.
                  S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                  CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  UniFlame Gas Grill
                  Lil Chief

Comment

That'll work.. Saved to my recipe folder..

Comment

I just made these and (like everyone else) wow - they are great. I used olive oil because that's what I had. Next time I'll try canola.

Comment

Working...
                      X