No announcement yet.

Hungarian Cabbage Rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks slanted88 for bringing this one outta the cellar, my grandma used to make something like this, I'm gonna make this for sure

GOSM
    K.C.B.S Member # 60786
    Digital Thermometers
    Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
    140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

I wonder if you could do these in a crock pot with raw ingredients?

Comment

Need some help

Just made a large foil pan of these in preparation for Thanksgiving. Question I have for anyone who has made these is, how deep should the water be around a single layer of rolls? Just some, or all the way to the top?
        HELP!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by GratefulDave View Post
          Just made a large foil pan of these in preparation for Thanksgiving. Question I have for anyone who has made these is, how deep should the water be around a single layer of rolls? Just some, or all the way to the top?
          HELP!

Dave
          I sent Andy a text...
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            I sent Andy a text...
            Thanks Rich. Planning to cook the first stage tomorrow night, then finishing with home made sauce Thursday morning.

Dave

Comment

Sheesh! ..... These look SO AWESOME! ..... Gotta put back on me bucket list..... Thanks for bringing it back around
              sigpic

Comment

Add water that was used to boil the cabbage so that the top row of rolls is touching water.
                sigpic

Comment

I'd never tried this til I remodeled a bathroom for a polish chuck and she gave me some to try, I like cabbage but it sounds so unapealing .
                  I was pleasantly surprised . Was awsum.
                  Nice job bud
                  sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Hungarian hand grenades ! Easy to come by around here if you know where to look.
                    Weber Smoky Joe
                    18" Weber Silver
                    22.5" Weber Gold
                    22.5" Weber Silver
                    UDS X 2
                    Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
                    Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
                    Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
                    Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
                    Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
                    Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
                    Blackstone three burner flat top
                    5" AMZNPS
                    Vortex x 2
                    Maverick ET 73
                    Maverick ET 732
                    Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
                    Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
                    Pitmaster iQue 110
                    sigpic

Comment

Only crazy Hungarian I know by name lives across the ditch and its to far to go for cabbage rolls :p
                      sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Oh...my...Louie said get that cats cabbage roll gig on...lost the recipe!
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Those look amazing!

Comment

They soooo bad gooood tasty! Louie made em earlier this week!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Worthy bump. Get on this cabbage and meat fans.
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Yup---Like "Shellbellc" said, Around here we call them "Halupkis".

I've had them many times from 3 different old ladies. One was Hungarian, one was Polish, and one was Ukrainian. I get the 3 mixed up, as to which was which, but I liked the ones with the tomato sauce (I think Hunky ones) better than the ones with kraut. Since these old ladies have been dying off on me, my DIL learned how to make them. It took her about 6 months to get them right, but I was her tester, and they are now the best I ever had.

Bear
                                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                                X