New Grill Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Grill Recommendations

Hey guys! I'm back! Been checked out for a bit, but I'm still here! So the other day my wife says her family is pitching in to get me a new grill for Christmas, start looking. I currently have a traeger, and a real shitty char-broiler gasser that needs to be thrown out. I still love to use the gasser on certain things to get a nice sear. We grill A LOT, almost every single day in the summer and still a fair amount in the winter. I live in ND, so we have very cold winters. The Traeger works fine but eventually I'd like to get something else. I just haven't been able to achieve the smoke I enjoy while cooking with my traeger. I like the ease of propane, come home after a long day, light'er up and go. But if you think other options are just as easy once you get the hang of it, I am open to it. What are your recommendations? What do you think of infared? Should I go ceramic/charcoal? My buddy bought a knock off of the green egg and enjoys it. Is a ceramic something that is bearable to stoke up every evening? Go with webber propane? What do you guys think?

What you describe my opinion would be Weber Gasser. Ease of use, easy to get & reliable fuel, and it is versatile. There all kinds of attachments/doo-dads that make a good gas grill act like a decent smoker as well. There is my .02

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
      What you describe my opinion would be Weber Gasser. Ease of use, easy to get & reliable fuel, and it is versatile. There all kinds of attachments/doo-dads that make a good gas grill act like a decent smoker as well. There is my .02
      X2

If you want something portable, look at the Weber Q's, which you can also get an optional fold up stand for. My Weber Q is aboot 15 years old, still going strong and CI grates. I gave my SS Weber propane full size grill to a buddy a couple years back, still going strong also. It has also got to be close to 15 years old. Parts available when/if needed as well. Best company for support/parts/service.

I have recently been grilling quite a bit on a Weber Go Anywhere propane, due to lack of time. It's smaller than the Q but will cook for 4. Piezieo or whatever they call that push button lighting is handy, and is warm (or hot) and ready to cook on in a couple minutes.

IMO, figure oot what you need as far as size and portability goes, then go to the Weber website and look around.
      sigpic

Comment

I have a Weber S-330... great when I use it... cant go wrong with a weber if you ask me! now lets also do something here... ask for one of them "Vortex" thingies.. you want a sear and have a few more minutes for the charcoal use it.. it will sear better than any gasser on the market!! dang that thing is hot if you fill her up!! Good luck, check craigslist for some good deals on hardly used grills around me or even brand new ones...
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X