No announcement yet.

Leg of Lamb Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great!!! Hubby did lamb chops last year with a cinnamon chipotle rub. They were awesome smoked, and I don't like lamb. By the looks of this leg I'm going to have to try that next!!
    Mustang electric smoker
    King Kooker vertical gasser
    Charbroil silver smoker
    Earnhardt Jr smoker
    Brinkman smoke n' grill
    a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Oh Yeah. Great finish plate Bud. Damn fine job...
      ---------------------------------------------------
      I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      KCBS CBJ

Comment

Dang Alex, that looks mighty good!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
          Good on ya, ALX - love that leg - bone in, Caveman style!

Very cool forge... is that all it looks like - coal with a blower in the bottom? Hmmm....

Lastly - awesome yard as usual... gonna have to share this post with the Mrs's - your flower gardens are right up her alley.

I'm a purest and therefore have not injected my piss poor lettuce and Bassman's piss poor beet with steriods like you have appeared to have done with yours...

for your lettuce just kicking the crap outta mine...

I have two old school forges in garage(hand cranked)...My buddy does it much more then me these days....He hooked a foot pedal up to the fan in pipping under forge/wheelbarrow...Gets hot quick and works great last 5 years...

I start the lettuce,spinach from seed in early march indoors...I then plant the plugs in my compost enhanced garden soil....No juice or chemical fertilizer in my garden....I foliar feed with alternate fish or Kelp extract...All certified organic....My buddy down road is a certifier for folk who sell organic produce...I would easily qualify if i sold....He gets his fill of my stuff and vice versa....The lettuce area in my field gets full sun before leaves are on trees...Cool thing is its shaded now in afternoon....Full sun in morning...It usually bolts early june with heat...

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
          That's what I'm talking about! What an Awesome Dinner. Only had Lamb a couple of times but never prepared it. Just outta curiosity, what's a good use of leftovers, if there are any?

and a dance.....

Here was tonights leftovers fish....

Made a gravy with drippings i saved after resting meat.....Tablespoon flour in the drippings(roux) and 1/2 large cube chicken/beef bouilon cubes(sp) in cup of water with scallions too...

took some of yesterdays rice and lamb and heated with gravy

45 minute leftover dinner...

Picked up some peta pockets for GYRO sandwiches tommorow etc....Have enough lamb gravy for open face etc. sandwiches....

Comment

WOW...... Looks like the day after Thanksgiving! Great Dinner AGAIN!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
              dude i am not sure what to give points for.... the lamb, blacksmith, gardens or the music... So heres to doing everything you do my friends

great post
              Ditto Marcus, what a great day! your garden, your friend the lamb.. I forgot where I was for a minute, what a beautiful day!
              The lamb looks cooked just the way I like it... If I close my eyes I can smell that rosemary, garlic.. I can almost taste that lamb! YUM!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

now we talking bro!!! that leg turnt out just right didnt it! and not only the original plate but next days looks superb as well!!! that lamb be some good stuff. dealing on this one for sure!!!

ps: garden looking great too, we just got done putting the maters and peppers out this past weekend.
                Charbroil SFB
                GOSM
                MES
                Dutch Ovens and other CI
                Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Alex, fantastic looking leg and leftovers. Garden looks great and cool forge shots and garden pics too. Pussy looks like she is plotting something evil. for a cool post and another great meal.
                  BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                  Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                  I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Great stuff man! Never tried bone in lamb. One more for the list.
                    JT

Comment

Those finished shots were worth that wait...

Just harvested my first lettuces from the garden yesterday, some buttercrunch, romaine and mesclun mix...tasted like salad
                      There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Great looking Lamb Alex...

Comment

Nice lookin spread brotha. I was lookin at doin lamb myself. Never had it but I am lookin forward to puttin it on the smoker.
                          sigpic

Char-Griller Outlaw w-SFB & (mods)
                          30" Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse

Comment

Working...
                          X