hobart meat grinder, refurbished before and after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hobart meat grinder, refurbished before and after

Well, I said I was going to refurbish it, so here it is.

before

stripped right down to the stainless cast (LOTS OF WORK!!)

gears

primer

and done

and now it matches the F.Dick stuffer!!
    I took a pic of the sticker that was on it, and emailed it to a friend that has a sticker / lettering business and he is going to duplitcate it for me.
    www.facebook.com/butchcolquhoun _____________________________________________

sigpic

Man that's the kind of work I don't have the patients or the skills for. You do good work.
    Propane Smoke Shack
    UDS
    Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
    sigpic

Comment

Beauty, eh! And that gearing looks damned good... not much wear at all! You got a great deal!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

sure glad I made some sausage and pepperets before doing this...
        out of 7 different places I've called, NO ONE has any oil for it, it is Spartan EP 460 food grade... ARGH!!! Gonna have to order from Hobart (who I allready called) and wait about 2 weeks.:thud:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by butcher View Post
          out of 7 different places I've called, NO ONE has any oil for it, it is Spartan EP 460 food grade... ARGH!!! Gonna have to order from Hobart (who I allready called) and wait about 2 weeks.:thud:
          Well, hell..I'd gotta think any food grade grease will be fine... not like you have a warrenty to worry aboot, eh?
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

its actually oil for the gear box... and I would have been fine with just about any food grade oil, but none to be found right now, I've got a few different friends in the food equipment sales industry working on it right now, hope full I don't have to wait two weeks, hunting season is comming :)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by butcher View Post
              its actually oil for the gear box... and I would have been fine with just about any food grade oil, but none to be found right now, I've got a few different friends in the food equipment sales industry working on it right now, hope full I don't have to wait two weeks, hunting season is comming :)
              Hey..come crunch time... Crisco. Just open 'er back up when the other stuff comes in!

Comment

Nicely Done!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone, the end result is worth the work!! picked this up for 250, I see it being worth 800 - 1000 now, working order is the main key, but cosmetics go a long way to catching an eye... BUT, im not selling it lol, I'll be keeping this bugger for a long time.

sigpic

Comment

good news, Talked with a Hobart Service man today, and he told me I just need 80-140 gear oil, there is no possibility that the oil can get anywhere any meat product!! he has been servicing hobart commercial food equip for 27 years and is second generation in this trade with this company, I believe I'll take his advice ! :)

sigpic

Comment

Pretty darn nice. I am jealous as heck!
                      sigpic
                      GMG Daniel Boone
                      UDS
                      Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                      Vision Kamado grill
                      Weber Genesis Silver
                      Smokin Tex
                      MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                      Maverick ET 732
                      Brown and lime green ThermaPens
                      2 orange ThermoPops
                      A-Maze-N Tube 18"
                      A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
                      Vortex

Comment

Nice work that Hobart commercial gear is the shit
                        sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

How come we can't make stuff with that kind of quality anymore? Nice find and great restore.
                          Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
                            How come we can't make stuff with that kind of quality anymore? Nice find and great restore.
                            cause most crap comes out of china now,,, this one was built in Toronto ON Canada, but they were also made in Troy OH USA,
                            Same as getting a sausage stuffer, you actually want one made in Italy or germany, NOT china, Also those older interprise presses are the cats ass. (also made in the USA)
                            This one has a motor RPM of 1750 and the gear reduction gives the auger 215 RPM

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X