Meat Mixer Review w/Tons of Pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old poi dog View Post
    I got a similar one and used it for the first time this weekend. It looks like I need to get a washer/spacer to take up the slack between the cranking assembly and the body of the mixer. With 10 lbs of meat in the mixer when we leaned into the cranking handle, we moved the paddles just a bit that the paddles hit the two fingers in the body of the mixer....

I'll still take the mixer over trying to mix the meat by hand though.....
    Does your have the tensioning spring on the end that you thread the knob into,Mine did'nt and when I call about it they told me it was it had been eliminated
    sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
    members mark upright propane smoker
    kingsford bbq
    23"weber kettle

Comment

Jimh
      Yes mine has the tensioning spring which doesn't seem to provide enough tension, hence the need for a spacer /washer on the cranking end. Still a good product though.

Originally posted by Jimh View Post
      Does your have the tensioning spring on the end that you thread the knob into,Mine did'nt and when I call about it they told me it was it had been eliminated

Comment

I bought an lem one a few weeks ago along with a 5lb stuffer, i love it.
        Makes things so much easier.

Great post Gunny.
        Chargriller Pro w. sfb
        Ducane 4100 propane grill
        Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Great photo essay! The issues I have with mine (44 lb.) are that cleanup is a PITA, and as stated a removable nozzle and deep sink are necessities, and that whoever designed the two most common sizes (17 and 44 lb) has no idea of the standard recipe sizes for sausage. The 17 is too small for a 25 lb. batch, and is the minimum for a 44. 50 lbs. is about too much for a 44. Of course one can adjust recipes, but shouldn't have to. Just my observations. At any rate, beats frozen cramped up hands any day.
          sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Hello All,

Initially I went to a specialty bearing shop where they sold spacers/bearings. We tried looking for nylon spacers but the odd metric sized diameter of the crank foiled our efforts. The guy at the counter gave me a 2 inch nylon spacer and a name of a machininst who could ream out the spacer and cut it to size....hmmmm... $$$ ?

I went to the hardware store and picked up two 3/4 inch diameter flat washers. They're kinda loose, but for now they solve the spacer problem at a price I can live with... I'll go check with my machinest friend if he would be able to ream out and cut the nylon spacer for some Smoked products...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimh View Post
              I just bought one on ebay it's the 44# model it was 200 bucks with free shipping,it was the best buy i could find on the 44pounder. mine says weston on it.great review Gunny we will be breaking mine in on the 29th of this month,
              every fall we make what my wifes Grandfather called "Kupkakers",it's a potato dish thats made up of potatoes,bacon,saltpork,oatmeal,onion,flour and seasoning.
              it is all ground up and mixed then put in musline bags any way I will post the whole ordeal when we do it
              I'll be looking forward to this. Sounds very interesting. What ethnicity is it?
              sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

kupkakers sounds dutch ?
                So what happens to them after the muslin bag ?
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Been going back and forth over getting one of them thar thingies for a bit now. Lookin at Ebay too. Gunny, ya convinced me I need to get one! Many thx for the pics and info
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks Tom I have been thinking about one my self, would it be worth it well you made my mind up for me , now to find one! And them brats look great! A bun some deli mustard to kill for . Thanks Tom
                    " When you lose, don't lose the lesson "

Comment

That is one cool mixer. I've never made sausage, but I have put a grinder on my Christmas list. We'll see where that takes me.
                      Love sausage and you sausage guys make me love it even more.
                      Orchard Hill BBQ

Twin Chamber Rotisserie Trailer
                      Modified Chargriller RF
                      250 Gallon Homegrown Cooker

I THINK HIS SHIRT SAYS IT ALL

Comment

I agree with you cold mixing hands are no fun so I went in deep and bought the 100# mixer about a year ago and never looked back and my assistants keep thanking me. Plus it saves alot of time. I found that 75# works out very well.

Comment

well I just went ahead and ordered the northern tools 25lb version.

Not sure it will actually fit in the home kitchen. But I figured I really ought to have a serious look at one.

Let you know when it arrives :-)
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Keep us posted Alex.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                              well I just went ahead and ordered the northern tools 25lb version.
                              That last cold batch was the last, eh?

Folk don't realize what 15 pounds of cold meat will do to one's hands
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

well actually It's mainly down to the fact that when I go comercial (still scares me rigid, starting a luxury food business in the current economic climets - where's that padded backtofront jacket gone ?) lol) I'm going to need something quick and easy for larger batches.
                                So I figured I'd order one in and find out how easy there are to use, how much space they take up and how large a ss sink I'm going to need to wash it in.

Plus whether or not my mate dave can rig up a suitable electric motor on one :-) (he doesn't know that yet )
                                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                                X