• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
    Yer SOO damned good!

TY.. Just ask CA.. "Ken seems to fiddle with stuff for the sake of it .."
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Another gizmo, no way it works better that a steel. If ya know know to use one! Or a carborundum stone for smaller blades.
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
        Another gizmo, no way it works better that a steel. If ya know know to use one! Or a carborundum stone for smaller blades.
        A steel don't sharpen. It only aligns the edge.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          A steel don't sharpen. It only aligns the edge.
          Bullshit!
          Pretty much all I've use to SHARPEN my knives all my life.
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
            If ya know know to use one!
            Mark
            sigpic

Comment

Never seen carborundum for sharpening, just for dressing or roughing out a shape on a grinding wheel. A steel is just what rich said, a trueing tool. Sure it seems as if your sharpening..........but your NOT!

Comment

I use a two sided diamond sharpener, the best sharpener I have ever used. You can get it for about $60.00 on Ebay.

http://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/10...gWKpl5TBc7qu5u
                Last edited by L20A; 10-06-2011, 07:51 AM.
                MES 30"
                A-Maze-N pellet smoker
                Weber 22" kettle
                E-Z-Que rotisserie
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Big Weber Gasser
                Cracker Smoker
                UDS

Comment

I believe salmonclubber may have one of these if I remember correctly, been looking at them quite a while myself without pulling the trigger. Have seen Buy It Now's on eBay for $70 free shipping and bidding items go for less... I'm sending Huey a heads up on this to get his opinion on here...
                  --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                  www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Save your money I bought one and tried it the fine belt did not do anything I could not get it to put a razor sharp edge on anything I sent it back now I am back to my old stone it works just takes time

Happyness is a full smoker

Comment

Originally posted by salmonclubber View Post
                      Save your money I bought one and tried it the fine belt did not do anything I could not get it to put a razor sharp edge on anything I sent it back now I am back to my old stone it works just takes time

I guess this answers the question if this product is a deal or a dud..
                      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Hmmm.....Northern Tool has them and the reviews are great.
                        Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Wusthof-4483-1...7742684&sr=1-1

This is what I use. I really like it.

Comment

I spent me a chunk of change and got a Wicked Edge. Love it!

Kinda on the spendy side of things, but for maintaining the edge geometry I haven't found anything better. Every once in a while they'll do sales or promotions and you can get them cheaper. I was able to stack two promotions together and got 35% off. Still ended up spending over $250 on it though. Good thing I have a bunch of knives to sharpen!!!

http://www.wickededgeusa.com/
                            Mike
                            Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post

Kinda on the spendy side of things, but for maintaining the edge geometry I haven't found anything better. Every once in a while they'll do sales or promotions and you can get them cheaper. I was able to stack two promotions together and got 35% off. Still ended up spending over $250 on it though. Good thing I have a bunch of knives to sharpen!!!

Holy chit. I want that. Santa baby. That's going on me wish list for sure. Along with about 100 other kitchen gadgets.

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post

PitRow & Squirrel

I used a buddy that has one of these, it's super duper good. Doesn't go so fast that you'll muck up one of your good knives, and does a GREAT JOB.

No, it's not super fancy, but it puts an excellent edge on a knife, in a decent amount of time.

Best, FHC
                                Weber Smokey Joe
                                Weber 22.5" Silver
                                Weber Performer Platinum
                                Smokey Mountain Gas Vertical Water Smoker
                                Big Green Egg XL with iQue 110
                                [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                                X