Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Tried The A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Tried The A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKER?

I asked Todd a couple times if he was ever going to make a A Maze N Smoker large enough to use in drums and larger smokers and he told me to wait, that he had something in the works. Now he's come out with this A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKER, but I haven't seen any reviews or seen any posts about it. His site says that it will burn pellets or dust, but it only has a couple hours more burn time.
    Do any of you have one and have any idea why he came up with this? Does it start and burn better than one that uses dust?

http://www.amazenproducts.com/Produc...tCode=AMNPS5X8

I don't know but I asked for one. Chithead was supposed to notify me if it worked. But I have no notice or new knowledge if it got to production. If it works I want one.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I saw test results that Todd posted on Facebook....got ~15 hrs. from one load of apple pellets. I have too much access to free sawdust to mess with pellets.

L8r,
      Eric

Comment

Mark R, it's in production and being sold. Click on the link in my first post and it will take you to it on Todd's site.

Comment

Hes got a link to smurf but not here on there
          And his contest on facebook is on smurf, you have to go there to enter I guess, no deal
          Last edited by Pandemonium; 08-10-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Yep i have one and it is great! it is a updated version of the sawdust burner... a little heavier metal with a new base under it to fix the warping problem there was with the first ones...when used for hot smoking. It has redesigned dividers to correct the problems with the burn through at hi-temp smokes. It does burn both the dust and pellets...I have used both and it works great...I personally am using the dust for any cold smokes I am doing since it still produces the least amount of heat while smoking. The pellets I use for hot smokes, long smokes, and if I am using it for my large verticle smoker since they produce more smoke and burn for a longer time. overall the new version is great! Todd is great to work with! I will let him know he is needed over here to field some questions from you guys!

SOB

Comment

Wingman has a video on his site. Where he uses one.
              http://smokingpit.com/recipes/Apple-...iss-Pecans.htm

Comment

I was suppose to get a beta to test and review. Looks like I got trumped by SMURF! I'll have to contact Todd and see what's up. I had the first review and video of the the first model. I hope this is an over sight.
                Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                Yoder Wichita
                Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

I was suppose to get a beta to test and review. Looks like I got trumped by SMURF! I'll have to contact Todd and see what's up. I had the first review and video of the the first model. I hope this is an over sight.

Rob
                  SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                  Yoder Wichita

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
                    Wingman has a video on his site. Where he uses one.
                    http://smokingpit.com/recipes/Apple-...iss-Pecans.htm
                    I didn't realize that was a different product. thought it was the older cold smoker.

Comment

Hey Guys
                      I don't "Pimp" my stuff here, and it's just not kosher on most sites.
                      If you have questions, I would be glad to help. SOB, Scar and Beer-B-Q all have one.

Came out with a new version that burns either pellets of sawdust.
                      With the new divider design and pellets, it will work at higher temps, without jumping rows.

It produces more smoke than the sawdust burner, and you're not stuck buying sawdust from me. You can use just about any BBQ pellet.

Todd
                      - http://www.AMAZENPRODUCTS.COM
                      - 40" MES
                      - Char-Broil The Big Easy Infrared Turkey Fryer
                      - Stainless Steel BBQ Grill
                      - Gander #12 Grinder
                      - Cabelas 20# Stuffer
                      - Gander Meat Mixer

Comment

I am using the old 2nd gen ASM Todd sent me to test and evaluate. I have burned pellets in it and it does OK. That said, as Todd pointed out, the new one is designed specifically for burning pellets and is reliable. The one I'm using intermitantly goes out and has to be re-lit.

Todd remember this aint like every forum. Hearing new news of advancements to a product allot of us use is a good thing. I'll let Ken and Rich chime in here any time.

Rob
                        SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                        Yoder Wichita

Comment

Originally posted by TJohnson View Post
                          Hey Guys
                          I don't "Pimp" my stuff here, and it's just not kosher on most sites.
                          If you have questions, I would be glad to help. SOB, Scar and Beer-B-Q all have one.

Todd
                          Hmmm.. Not sure why you wouldn't.. I thought you knew you could promote your products and site.. If you didn't, bad on me for not making that clear.. Look to the bottom of the forums and you will see a forums for website owners to promote there sites and products as long as they are active members..
                          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Very Cool!

THX!

TJ
                            - http://www.AMAZENPRODUCTS.COM
                            - 40" MES
                            - Char-Broil The Big Easy Infrared Turkey Fryer
                            - Stainless Steel BBQ Grill
                            - Gander #12 Grinder
                            - Cabelas 20# Stuffer
                            - Gander Meat Mixer

Comment

I have been using the new pellet smoker for a few months now and once I got the bugs firured out it works great.

The issue I had was that the SmokinTex only has a drain hole at the bottom and a vent at the top so the pellet smoker was starving for air. I raised the smoker up a couple of inches off the drip pan and it works great.

One thing you need to know with this one though is that you need to light it to the point that it is burning and let it go for about 10 min to get a good start. If you don't the pellets go out on you and you have to relight.

The unit does put out a little more heat so I use dust for cold smoking. This unit AMNPS can burn both.
                              Scarbelly

Comment

Working...
                              X