FINALLY!! new (to me)sausage stuffer and antique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY!! new (to me)sausage stuffer and antique

God its been a while I've been here!!! been busy this summer fishing, and working, I don't make sausage in the summer, and I've decided to buy buy some equipment again, just on a smaller scale, and I really wanted a QUALITY sausage stuffer, and I Got the deal of a life time!!! I don't think that this guy new what he had in his hands, but after a 12.5 hr drive (return included) they are now mine for the cheap price of 200 bucks!!!! I know the F.Dick is worth almost 2000 new, and the design of them has not changed for almost a hunderd years, I don't think I'll be busting any gears out of this bad boy!!!
    Now for the "bonus" that came with is a Husqvarna Reliance No3 vertical sausage stuffer, VERY strong gears, white ceramic coated in side and press head. It is in EXCELENT condition and works perfectly!!! Thing is I can't find NOTHING on the internet anywhere on this stuffer, not even a picture in yahoo / google images, I've tried every combination of words, Sausage, meat, press, stuffer etc.... NOTHING
    Does anyone know anything about this thing? approx year?
    Both of these things have been sitting in the rafters of a barn for over 20 years!!!! they required about 7 hrs of cleaning, but are now sanitary and ready for use!!!!

first the F.Dick (made in germany)

and the Antique Husqvarna

www.facebook.com/butchcolquhoun _____________________________________________

sigpic

that FDick is prolloy more than 2000 new ,as for the husky never seen one before butt it sure is a well built unit , man O man for 200 bucks and a road trip ya done REALLY good ,what a deal
    sigpic
    homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Comment

How do yo sleep at night. That vertical is freakin nice. I did a quick search as well for that Husky. Not a damn thing. Nada, zip Which probably means it's worth a million bucks

Two super nice finds.
      https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
        How do yo sleep at night. That vertical is freakin nice. I did a quick search as well for that Husky. Not a damn thing. Nada, zip Which probably means it's worth a million bucks

Two super nice finds.
        Im a butcher sausage maker by trade (20 years) but drive a truck for a living... I sleep when I need to lol... I'm on nights for the next two nights so I figured last night was just a way to get my body adjusted early :)
        and I'm not sure what to do with the antique yet.... I was offered 150 for it from a local restaurant / butcher supplier.... I think I just may hold it a bit and do some more investigating

sigpic

Comment

Nice score and great finds, nothing can beat a Dick...
          --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
          www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Email Husqvarna with those pics and see what they say about em? I'd love to know what you find out.

nice find!
            New Braunfels Black Diamond
            18.5" WSM
            Weber Performer Deluxe Black
            18.5 Weber Kettle
            22.5 Weber Kettle
            Maverick ET732
            6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrZip66 View Post
              Email Husqvarna with those pics and see what they say about em? I'd love to know what you find out.

nice find!
              I am guessing Husqvarna will make a good offer to have it back for display... nice call MrZip66!
              --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
              www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Husqvarna is over 300 years old. Started out making guns in the 1600's. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts they got a historian.
                New Braunfels Black Diamond
                18.5" WSM
                Weber Performer Deluxe Black
                18.5 Weber Kettle
                22.5 Weber Kettle
                Maverick ET732
                6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

I found Husqvarna on Facebook, and sent them a message with picture's to help with the items age, and any other info, hope someone gets back soon :)

sigpic

Comment

They made grinders too. Write to them here. In Sweden.

http://www.husqvarna.se/

thumbnail.aspx.jpeg
                    Don..

2 of me best buds ever! R.I.P guys

Comment

Now that is a nice set up and for the right price... Great to see you back in again Butcher.. Hope the wife is doing good as well... You fill that freezer with plenty of fish?? Hope you left some room for sausage...
                      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                        Now that is a nice set up and for the right price... Great to see you back in again Butcher.. Hope the wife is doing good as well... You fill that freezer with plenty of fish?? Hope you left some room for sausage...
                        Put about 50 walleye in the freezer, Plus we had two fish fry's so far.. Tammy is Doing great, Thanks for asking and I've got a walk in freezer, so there is lots of room to put some sausage and fish, and moose and deer,,,, etc!! lol So now that I got rid of my Industrial Large equpment, I have gathered up a stuffer that is better then my previous, and now I just need a grinder (smaller then the hollymatic 175 that I had) but I still want quality with striength, maybe a hobart, butcher boy, etc,,,, I've been googling LEM grinder, and I'm not a fan of the noise they make, makes me think that It would not last....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by merrell View Post
                          They made grinders too. Write to them here. In Sweden.

http://www.husqvarna.se/

[ATTACH]12851[/ATTACH]
                          Yep, I've got one of them here... I'll give them a shout and send some pics, Thanks!!! just it's kinda freak'n me out that I can not find anything, and I mean anything on the net, picure or nothing... I can only hope it pays off my mortgage!!! LMAO

sigpic

Comment

what capacity is the vertical stuffer ?

found a husqvarna reliance manual grinder on ebay. but - yep that's pretty much it.
                            reliance is obviously the range of products. But who knew chainsaw manufacturers a) went back that far and b) made things that aren't chainsaws
                            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

CA... Husqvarna has had their hands dipped into everything from Firearm's dating back to the 1600's to sewing machines, motorcycles, chainsaws and other trimmers, meat grinders (which I also have a #32 manual) and many many other products, but this has still got me very intrigued as I can not find anything

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X