Some Lamb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Lamb

Fire it Up posted some lamb and they must have dropped a oil tanker worth in our region from down under...I have one ordered for easter from a local farm...I like young north american style,but the price was right...

I boned her and did an overnight oriental style marinade with lots of garden scallions,fresh ginger etc...

Smoked the bones and thinner flaps ...Since i bought 3 i will make some stew in a couple months

I have cooked lamb bout every way...Last sundays was seared and then on a 300 degree plus grill...

This is just the bottom of a WSM with the grill from a kettle proped up on bricks to make 12 inches clearance.

Man i need to paint the masonry blocks from power washing in fall..

glazed with the marinade that was reduced in butter and sugar

Forgot plated pics from sunday....I took thinner part of at 140 degree and thicker at 130 degree...I like it more rare...This is thicker..

Made a potato-ALX-graten i made with tons of sauteed garden leeks and scallions..cheese sauce

Forgot sunday plated pics,but this was last nights reheated

Last night i did a kitchen sink deal with curry spices,chick peas,olives,scallions,tomato,toasted sesame seeds etc...Went well with the oriental style marinade...I will do a more traditional herb etc..easter...

Nothing left,but i had 3 good dinners....

C'mon Man!?

What!? C'mon Man. Where was my dinner invite? That looks great and for the good use of leftovers. I like mine rare too. Nice effen job! Whish lamb would go on sale around here once in a while. Never happens.

Dave

Comment

A culinary masterpiece.

Hope I have some
      Keith

Comment

Even though I'm not a sheep person, that does look good.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

......... Awesome Alex......
          Last edited by Fishawn; 04-03-2010, 11:15 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

That looks great Alex, you gotta send me a few favorite recipes for lamb for the next time I do one.
            Great idea smoking the bone, tossed mine but next time I will save, smoke and freeze.
            There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
              That looks great Alex, you gotta send me a few favorite recipes for lamb for the next time I do one.
              Great idea smoking the bone, tossed mine but next time I will save, smoke and freeze.
              No problem Jim....Thanks for the compliments folks....

Comment

Oh damn! Dude get down wit' yo' bad self, mang! Holy friggin smokes Alex. Excellent on the med rare bud. That whole sheebang looks great
                We be fixin to do a leg on Easter as well. Ronco rotisserie though, w/ smoked ham. Damn you are gonna eat like a king, bud! GET R DONE
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Oh man alex when you do it you really do it !!!!! if I have any
                  Jerod
                  GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                  sigpic

Comment

Lambie, Lambie, Lambie!
                    Alex, the first plate OMG... lamb is perfect rare... it looks so delicious.. the second plate with the taters and the lamb.. ok I thought I had died and gone to heaven... the third plated pix... what a great idea... you are the master of all things that grow... glad your there if I was near ya I would weigh 400 lbs!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                      Even though I'm not a sheep person, that does look good.
                      I too, have never done sheep..............

But you make it look right...

Well deserved points.
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Now that is a beautiful plated picture Alx. Damn fine looking meal Bud. to ya for that one...
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        KCBS CBJ

Comment

not enough lamb on here - for that little lot.
                          remove the rice from the third plate and add a couple fresh naans from honky's bread oven and that'd win prizes over here !
                          (would with the rice too, but I don't eat it ;-)

if you think getting new zealand lamb in the states is travelled food - I had some california grown strawberries from costco last week !

Carbon footprints my arse !
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Holy chit Alex, that looks awesome!! You rocked that critter... not baaaad!! (sorry, hadta do it)

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

looks great... never had lamb till i smoke a hunk a year or so ago, good stuff. i would give ya but wont let me man!!! have to wait for fresh magazine... friggin 2 shot clip...lol
                              Charbroil SFB
                              GOSM
                              MES
                              Dutch Ovens and other CI
                              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X