Cold rainy day medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
    Not you Craig. T-Dome’s Dad. But if you wanna throw a party I’ll consider a road trip :{)
    I wouldn't be planning that roadtrip any time soon
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 206 View Post
      I quit buying them when mad cow disease hit. They said it resides in the spine. Switched to short ribs or 7 bone for my beef soup.
      hadn't thought of that.
      Yeah prions tend to accumulate in the spinal tissues and brain.

However as I believe they have now stopped feeding sheep's brains to cows and I've seen oxtail in my local morrisons supermarket - I'd say it's now safe to eat.
      Well certainly in the uk - what you lot feed your cows is anyone's guess, we learnt our lesson the hard way :-)
      (I say 'learn't - what moron first decided to feed spines and brains to herbivores ? Did that really need learning?)

This business of adding dried pinto beans to a stew. Always taught you soaked them either overnight or simmered for a couple of hours and discarded the water - or am I thinking of different beans ?
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
        This business of adding dried pinto beans to a stew. Always taught you soaked them either overnight or simmered for a couple of hours and discarded the water - or am I thinking of different beans ?
        you can do that...everyone has their own way....i might be more inclined to soak and toss the water for a black bean but it certainly is not necessary.
        sigpic
        it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Working...
        X