Pork Loin on the Weber 2290 Rotisserie with Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork Loin on the Weber 2290 Rotisserie with Review

Started out with a 6.15 lb pork loin I rubbed with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, CBP, and rosemary. Fired up the Weber with lump charcoal, apple, and hiickory.

Video here if this works HERE

Looking real pretty at first check and smells great.

Checked the temp, hanging right around 140.

Took it to 145 and pulled to rest unfoiled. Couldn't wait too long before slicing and sampling some of the end pieces. Rich smoky, concentrated flavors on the bark. WOW! Flavorful and moist inside, what a great way to cook.

Served it with some veggies and beer bread and have plenty of leftovers to play around with tonight.

All in all I would have added more coals, by the time it finished it was coming up a little slow. Great unit, smooth and quiet operation. Can't wait to try some poultry on it, thanks for checking out my cook.
    sigpic

Never spun a loin before, yours looks fabulous!
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Looks yummmy! How long did it take?
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Total time was a shade over 2 hours with just enough coals to finish. Next time I will use more coals and run hotter. That should darken the bark and cut my time to 1.5 hours I would bet.
        sigpic

Comment

Looks great! "Video unavailable", though.

Comment

Nice job.....Time break mine out....

Comment

Looks great SmokiTim! I was nervous when i first started to use the rotisserie that it would burn the outside before getting up to temp inside. But the magic of the spinner makes it so you can have a ragin lump pile going and not burn things up. Had good results with a water pan in the middle and doing the minion method around it with lump for longer smokes.

Makes for a great skin on everything and especially yardbird!

Try this one sometime it is a good one!

Peruvian Style Chicken

Ingredients:

1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
              4 tablespoons white vinegar
              3 tablespoons white wine
              3 tablespoons canola oil
              2 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
              2 tablespoons paprika
              1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
              2 teaspoons black pepper
              1 teaspoon salt
              juice of 1 lemon
              1 quart cold water
              Preparation:

Combine vinegar, wine, oil with garlic powder, cumin, paprika, black pepper, and salt. Mix well to form a paste. Add lemon juice to cold water. Trim chicken of any excess or loose fat. Wash chicken thoroughly with lemon water. Place chicken in zip-top bag. Pour spice paste over chicken. Coat chicken completely with mixture rubbing into every surface. Try to get the paste under the skin as much as possible.
              Seal bag and place chicken in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. The chicken will have more flavor the longer it "marinates" in the spice mixture. Do not refrigerate more than 24 hours however.

Preheat grill and prepare rotisserie. Place chicken on rotisserie and on the grill for approximately 1 1/2 hours at a temperature around 300 degrees F. (150 degrees C.) Test chicken for doneness by measure in the temperature in the thickest part of the thigh. Chicken is done at 165 degrees F. (75 degrees C.).

This chicken is frequently served with dipping sauce. A simple version of this sauce is made from combining 1/2 cup of mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons mustard and 2 tablespoons lime juice.
              "Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Comment

Nice looking Loin,I've done several and a few birds .ya just cant beat the rotissery
                2-22.5'' weber
                1-18'' weber
                1 smokey joe
                22.5'' wsm
                24'' smoke vault
                1-outhouse
                Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Right nice! Gonna jack one on the rotation get after it machine! Uhhh...gonna be on a UDS....
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Well, that appears to be a dandy addition, Tim! I have an infrared rotiss, it does do a wonderful job. But alas... it's missing the smoke.
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I think we have to be on your friends list in order to see the video.
                      All that said it looks really good.

Comment

Looks great!
                        Would love to have seen a slice of the inside on that baby.
                        Tried to watch the video but you gotta be on myfacespacetitterbook and don't have an account.
                        There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Try again with the video, Opened up a Photobucket acct to host.

http://s1101.photobucket.com/albums/...t=P1020643.mp4

Still have no idea how to knit clips together so here is just the beginning one.

Any free editing software to do this?
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X