No announcement yet.

Abomination!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just please make sure you're safe when you remove the lid off the pot so you don't get any steam to your face.
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post

I wonder if boiling makes the membrane more edible.

Dave
      Hahahahaha
      Greg

*~*~*~*~*~*

King-Griller Akorn Kamado
      Louisiana Grills Pellet Smoker
      AMSPS & AMSTS

Comment

If anyone can pull that recipe off, it would be you LOL
        Scarbelly

Comment

RIB SOUP!!!

Heard a rumor that The Neely's boil their ribs in their restaurant.
          Hope that isn't true cause it's blasphemy but then again you drown them in sauce and many people consider that BBQ.
          There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

I thought I was gonna toss my dinner!

Comment

Originally posted by Adiochiro3 View Post
              I thought I was gonna toss my dinner!
              Glad ya didn't, plenty of real Q on the site to make the mouth water
              There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

What....your telling me this isn't the recipe to follow???? man all these years I have been doing exactly this........I guess I could find a new way, any one know of a better way?
                Jerod
                GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry but . . .

that is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen.

Dave
                  CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                  UDS 1.0
                  Afterburner
                  Weber Performer
                  Blue Thermapen
                  Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                  Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                  Auber Smoker Controller
                  Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                  -
                  "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

I had to wait until my stomach settled to respond to this... no wait... aw shit...

Sorry... nuff said.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I get emails from time to time from people telling me how to make ribs and saying how great they are!!! They almost always have boiling the ribs as part of the recipe.
                      www.nopigleftbehind.com
                      -----------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                        I hear people joke about boiling ribs and I think it is just that - a joke. I came across this while looking for 4th of July recipes. Sickening. Just plain sickening to watch people who think they are experts on something make a mockery of it. I feel the need to poke this woman in the eye.

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Making-B...eo/Detail.aspx

poke her with a boiled rib !

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                        I have never seen anyone boil, then grill, then put in the crock pot to finish.
                        Does seem kind of elaborate when you'd get a better result from just the slow cooker and aquick grill. (not advocating it just saying lol)

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                        And just please make sure you're safe when you remove the lid off the pot so you don't get any steam to your face.
                        Never would have though of that on my own

Originally posted by GOT14U View Post
                        What....your telling me this isn't the recipe to follow???? man all these years I have been doing exactly this........I guess I could find a new way, any one know of a better way?
                        About a dozen spring to mind.

Originally posted by gooose53 View Post
                        I get emails from time to time from people telling me how to make ribs and saying how great they are!!! They almost always have boiling the ribs as part of the recipe.
                        It is common.

I've eaten ribs cooked in pretty much all ther ways ribs can be cooked in.
                        And hands down the best I've had are the slow cooked ones from the smoker.
                        Ribs, ketchup or mustard, lots of rub. Smoke, steam in foil and then finish off in the smoker. The ones I cooked last week were absolutely spot on. Great flavour, moist, left clean bones and none left for lunch the next day :-(

I've fast grilled, slow grilled, fast smoked and slow smoked. I've eaten tons of chinese style ribs (boiled, sauced and hot wokked). Boiled sauced and grilled.
                        Cooked as individual bones and whole racks. Done them in the oven and microwave for a quick snack (a lot better than you'd think - though you got to marinate them first). Started in the oven and finished on the grill. You name it I've done it - apart from boiling.
                        Got a friend who boils his, soaks in sauce and grills. They generally end up too soft and the pork is totally tasteless.

And I got to say the 3 stage in the smoker is the best. Plus the babyback loin ribs I get are perfectly cooked in around 4 hours. So not even that long :-)
                        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                          I have never seen anyone boil, then grill, then put in the crock pot to finish.
                          Oh, you obviously have not met my wife
                          Just this last week, as a surprise for me when I came back from our canoe trip, she had 4 racks of BB she cooked in foil in the oven. Basically steamed ribs Man was I surprised.

Last month, BB in the crock pot. Can you say BB rib mush????? Shes 50/50 Polish and Russian. One half is just slow to learn, the other half is just stubborn

I must confess, that many many moons ago, I too was taught to boil ribs. I didn't know any better. But I have since seen the light.
                          Squirrel, I tried to add a comment to that site and show all those misguided souls the error of their ways but it would not let me post.
                          https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Sad thing is this is how my uncle cooks his ribs and he thinks they are the best in the world. He always brags about how good his ribs are and how the secret is to boil them. Gross! Funny thing is we tried to have a rib cook off last year at our reunion and he backed out so it never happened.
                            Sad to say that a lot of people consider those ribs BBQ just because there is BBQ sauce on them. There is nothing BBQ about those ribs. When someone tells me BBQ ribs it better be coming off of a smoker or some type of grill/pit otherwise it isn't BBQ.
                            Propane Smoke Shack
                            UDS
                            Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
                              I must confess, that many many moons ago, I too was taught to boil ribs. I didn't know any better. But I have since seen the light.
                              Me too.

But I only did it once. And they were country style ribs. So it doesn't really count, does it?

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
                              He always brags about how good his ribs are and how the secret is to boil them.
                              That's one secret I wish those people would keep to themselves.

Dave
                              CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                              UDS 1.0
                              Afterburner
                              Weber Performer
                              Blue Thermapen
                              Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                              Auber Smoker Controller
                              Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                              -
                              "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                                I'm sorry but . . .

that is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen.

Dave
                                I agree with you totally!
                                Propane Smoke Shack
                                UDS
                                Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X