Virginia farmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia farmer

Hello all. New here and looking for input in areas that I'm not well at. Will be looking for a stuffer and smoker along with tips and hints from you all.

I'm a beef and dairy farmer in Virginia. Have killed many hogs and beef in my life also a very very avid hunter. Look forward to learning from the wisest and those who are learning the art of all this too

from Washington (The State)

Thanks for joining us! Lotta great folks here with experience in just aboot anything you can imagine. Any questions? Always feel free to ask, very helpful group
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to Smoked-Meat sir.

Most everyone here enjoys helping out when they can, and ALL of them will show up and taste test I’ll wager ;{)

PS... respect to the farmer.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

from Kansas...
        We got a few farmers here too
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

from Nebraska. Butchered my first steer a couple weeks ago. Waiting for colder temps to do a pig.
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome Aboard from coastal Virginia, glad you dropped in.
            Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks a lot fellas. I will say there is some good looking food here.

I killed a beef for my inlaws 3 weeks ago he was 1300#. Usually every winter starting at thanksgiving till March we kill few hundred hogs. I cure my own sides hams shoulders and such. Make my own pork sausage yada yada same stuff I know all of you are accustomed to also

Comment

Greetings & from the desiccated, arid, parched, droughty, scorched, baked, waterless, moistureless, rainless, dehydrated, bare, barren, vacant, empty, forsaken, godforsaken, bleak & generally hot land known as Arizona...

A hunter, eh? Cool beans...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                Paul

Comment

Welcome from Illinois. Would love to see pics of the how you cure your hams. That is something on my bucket list to try.

Comment

from DelaWhere!! Lots of knowledge around here, you came to the right place!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

What’s your preferred curing method(s)? outta curiosity.
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Virginia farmer

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
                        Welcome from Illinois. Would love to see pics of the how you cure your hams. That is something on my bucket list to try.

When go to blocking the hogs up I will try to take some pics and show you. There is nothing hard about it biggest thing is having the place to do it and to keep the meat while cures

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          What’s your preferred curing method(s)? outta curiosity.

Salt and sugar cure. Will wrap and tie them in feed bags then stuff in pillow cases hock end down and hang them up

Comment

from Kentucky!
                            Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                            Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                            1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                            Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                            Weber Smokey Joe
                            Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                            Pink Thermapen
                            Purple Thermapen

Comment

aboard Bling! Look forward to seeing some of your pork
                              ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X