1st Gig, christmas party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Gig, christmas party

Well a gentelman came by the shack the other night. He has had upchuck from the bowels of the ole kyote. and said it is some of the best if not the best smoked Q he has ever eaten.
    He wants me to cater his christmas party this december. 85 plus folks. I told him I was not up to it and was kinda new at smoking meats.he laughed and said he knew I was more then able to do it. and made me an offer I just could not refuse.
    so I am on.
    brisket
    ribs
    fatties
    abt's
    salsa
    rice
    beans
    slaw
    for desert Flan....
    ther will be left overs . maybe
    there has been some moron/mormon (spillin) kids coming around trying to preach to me and the others about religion. I find they make great slaves. just fed em some viddles every now and then and they want to help do stuff. they have been recruited. they can make ABT's
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

85?! You better start now.

Tom

Comment

I told him I was not up to it and was kinda new at smoking meats
      I think the only correct response to that line is: you lying toerag !

85 is easily doable with a little help. I've done 40 without any help and as long as you pre-smoke and freeze most of the meat for reheating on the day, it's pretty easy.
      YOu are going to need a bunch of chafing dishes though.

Sounds like a nice christmas bonus for ya anyway and I guess it's about time that lang got some decent use
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
        I think the only correct response to that line is: you lying toerag !
        Did he seriously call you that? I think you ought to fly to England and personally kick the shit out of him. But before you do..........

WTF is a toerag?

Tom

Comment

WTF is a toerag?
          I have no idea - it's just an affectionate phrase we use to denote someone who is obviously lying through their teeth :-)

I mean come on: kyote,
          I told him I was not up to it and was kinda new at smoking meats
          He's on his second lang. If he was pinocchio and told that lie his nose would have grown long enough to supply him with wood for the lang for years !
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Congrats on the gig Bud. You are more than ready to kick some ass. All the best. Just have fun and do the gig...
            ---------------------------------------------------
            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
              If he was pinocchio and told that lie his nose would have grown long enough to supply him with wood for the lang for years !
              OK...now THAT is funny! to the Brit for learning humor

Yer in it now Ky... just get to it and wow 'em
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Congrats Kyote, that bigassed Lang is up for the challenge, and I know damn well you are too!

Sounds like you are providing full service... or just the food? Either way, yer gonna have fun with it... good luck and good eats!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Those white shirts ain't gonna fly, makin' ABTs. Better give them fellas a bib. Oh yeah, don't be offering up any coffee up on the overnight smokes either...could be trouble
                  Nice gig that landed in your lap. I was told cost x 4. That ought to put some money in them O.P. shorts pockets buddy!
                  Good luck...ah hell you don't need luck, you got this gig hog tied
                  Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                  Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the gig, Kyote! If you run into trouble, just call me and I'll come help out.
                    sigpic
                    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Working...
                    X