Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shrice....yes, that's it, and Nekkid Brine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrice....yes, that's it, and Nekkid Brine.

It's actually called Shrice in our home. My son loves Shrimp and Rice so he figured he'd cut down on word a or two.

However, I made one small wiggle tonight as I had a sample of Rich's Nekkid Brine. I like to brine shrimp so this was the first try with Rich's stuff. I added some flavor and let them sit for a few hours. These are raw gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined:

Before they hit the grill, I chopped up some sweet onion, mushrooms, carrots, garlic, green onion, jalapeno, cillantro, and added some KS, Olive oil, and eventually some CBP. Put it over med to low heat for awhile and:

For the shrimp, I put them on soaked skewers with some magic dust and then to the grill:

I grilled them on the grill grate flat top:

With shrimp, they don't take long and overcooking makes them gummy as you know. So, after a few minutes each side at 400°, we're ready:

And dinner was ready with the mixins, the fixins and some Sriracha sauce:

All told, it was a very good dinner. I liked Rich's Nekkid Brine. It works with shrimp so I'll keep trying it on other things!

Thanks for looking.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Great looking shrimps there!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Shrimps and nekkid...Had never thought of that...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Quite simply....YUMMERS!

Comment

Dang. It's a good thing I got you folks. Otherwise I'd still be cleaning my toenails with an axe
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
            It's actually called Shrice in our home. My son loves Shrimp and Rice so he figured he'd cut down on word a or two.

However, I made one small wiggle tonight as I had a sample of Rich's Nekkid Brine. I like to brine shrimp so this was the first try with Rich's stuff. I added some flavor and let them sit for a few hours. These are raw gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined:

Before they hit the grill, I chopped up some sweet onion, mushrooms, carrots, garlic, green onion, jalapeno, cillantro, and added some KS, Olive oil, and eventually some CBP. Put it over med to low heat for awhile and:

For the shrimp, I put them on soaked skewers with some magic dust and then to the grill:

I grilled them on the grill grate flat top:

With shrimp, they don't take long and overcooking makes them gummy as you know. So, after a few minutes each side at 400°, we're ready:

And dinner was ready with the mixins, the fixins and some Sriracha sauce:

All told, it was a very good dinner. I liked Rich's Nekkid Brine. It works with shrimp so I'll keep trying it on other things!

Thanks for looking.
            Aww man, that looks way to good!
            All of Rich's brines are awesome and we use them frequently here. We like the Nekkid because of the versatility it provides.

I'm serious! Wish I was eating that now. Awesome cook!

Comment

Great looking meal!
              Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
              My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Awesome looking meal Pete, and nice pics!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  Dang. It's a good thing I got you folks. Otherwise I'd still be cleaning my toenails with an axe
                  I think I just identified that "secret ingredient" in Mad Hunky products...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Thanks everyone and Rich for the brine.

I appreciate the kind words and the points.
                    Pete
                    Large BGE
                    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Looks Mighty Tasty from my house!!!---------------

Nice Job, Pete!!!

Bear
                      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

man that looks good...
                        MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm...
                        ~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
                        ~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~

Comment

Pete that looks delicious! I hadn't thought of using Rich's brine for shrimp, I bet that was fantastic. Thanks for the post!!
                          jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Man thats nice
                            Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Fricken Awesome!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X