More Grilled Shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Grilled Shrimp

I did a thread on some Sriracha Grilled Shrimp awhile ago using the sauce from the wings. But, I'm still playing around.

This is a new and very easy one I tried the other night. So, I figured I'd post it as it may be of interest to some. Anyway, it's very quick and easy. Simple brine for a few hours to start. Then, I coated with some EVOO and threw them in a plastic bag with some magic dust. Do the shake and back into the fridge for a couple of hours. Rich's MH would be good here to I think.

Since shrimp are so lean, I just really like them on the grill vs. a smoker. So, I grill them at 400 degrees for a total of 5 minutes. Flip mid way and they are perfectly cooked, tender and moist. Most shrimp in resturants, is over cooked and rubbery IMO.

In the mean time, we boiled up some penne pasta and threw in a few more fixins and dinner was served. The little guys even loved it but they had a boost with some spaghetti sauce.

Anyway, just an idea when time doesn't allow for the smoker but you want some fast, easy food with some good taste. Thanks for looking.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Sounds and looks good to me! I loves me some Buffalo Sriracha Shrimp!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Sounds like a winner Pete...I got three pounds of shrimp just beggin to be grilled...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

now the is one fine lookin skewer of shrimps... i'm thinkin' point worthy
        Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
          Most shrimp in resturants, is over cooked and rubbery IMO.
          Yep that's how mine are. I suck at cooking seafood except for big pieces of grilled fish. I can't get the timing down on shrimp, or especially scallops. I always over cook them.

Those look really good. I guess I'll just have to keep practicing. One thing is you said 400 degrees. I think I am cooking mine to hot. When grilling I use Lump which tends to burn hotter.

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. It's fun to play around with stuff and see what happens.

GM, as for the 400 degrees and lump issue, maybe try your vents. I burn lump anywhere from 200 to 700 degrees.

As for the shrimp, some of it has to do with the size of the shrimp. These guys are fairly big.

My advice would be get some shrimp and just do a test cook on them. Do a couple at 6 minutes. Do some at 5.5 minutes and work your way down. Find out what works for you. After they go from pink to opaque, they are done. That's tough to figure out though when you have a bunch of rub on them. End of the day, it's much like anything else, personal preference.
            Pete
            Large BGE

Comment

Very nice!
              Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
                Yep that's how mine are. I suck at cooking seafood except for big pieces of grilled fish. I can't get the timing down on shrimp, or especially scallops. I always over cook them.

Those look really good. I guess I'll just have to keep practicing. One thing is you said 400 degrees. I think I am cooking mine to hot. When grilling I use Lump which tends to burn hotter.
                You might want to remember that Abelman is cooking on a BGE (Big Green Egg). The are very even, consistent and controllable. It's kinda like cheating...sorta.
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

It seems that shrimp is easier to overcook than it is to undercook...Dont take long to cross the line...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

I like it! Still get gulf shrimp @ fuel cost cause Louie's Dad has connection's...He retired from commercial fishing....
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Nice looking shrimp! Always lookin' for a new way to do them up. I like your way, bigtime.
                      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

great pic but I'm giving you for the inspiration

Never would have occured to me to use rub on shrimp !
                        Sometimes you just need the simple stuff pointed out

I was planning on doing some marinated shrimp for this fridays bbq - now I think they'll be rubbed with my new shrimp rub instead ! (when i invent it, obviously lol)
                        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Pete I tried this last night...Never saw the reason to brine shrimp...But I did...Hunky brined...hunky rubbed and grilled...Awesome stuff...Thanks
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Craig, I'm glad it worked out.

I don't know for sure but the little extra time in a brine really does help. Interested to see what you think.
                            Pete
                            Large BGE

Comment

You always have the best ideas and creations, looks great, I have to look for the siracha shrimp one too, have some good old

Comment

Working...
                              X