Smoked then Fried Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked then Fried Chicken

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SGD_ok7mi1M" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

First post... Be nice Rich...

I fixed the the video embed for you.. Did this once.. It's good but a little weird on taste.. Kinda confuses the taste buds..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Heh... cool... I have not tried that. But I wonder like Ken said...the taste confusion... Hmmm perhaps a flavored breading/coating... Hmmm...

Get your boy a welder...looks like a natural pit builder!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

sure looks purdy!!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

chicken looks pretty good

I'm not a flavour wimp or easily confused and smoked and fried sounds good to me :-)

Coupla comments on the actual video though.
          first - it's too long. Go watch some of wingman robs videos.
          He fast forwards through the boring bits. Makes for shorter more interesting videos, but nothing's left out.
          I like the drop down bulltpoints on the title. Neat effect.

And next time, don't send your son back to watch telly (could not believe that lol) - get him to help you cook.
          That lego thing was great. I'm sure it wouldn't have taken much to get him to mix up the spices in the coating. Or help with the dipping. Kids love getting sticky crap on their hands.
          Now's the time to get him into the cooking

And did you actually forget to add all the spices to the flour ? 'cos that's awfully white for having 2 tbs paprika mixed in

But overall worthy
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

My buds didn't get confused at all, but maybe I used a lighter smoke than Ken did. I really enjoyed the flavors.

Comment

My son was actually playing with his LEGOS when I grabbed him for the vid. I agree with you 100% about getting him involved in cooking though and on normal cooks he is very involved. He even has his own video. I think the flower looks whiter than it was because of the lighting. I think it was just a little washed out. Point taken about the length... I'm trying to shorten my videos.

Comment

Nice job! I have smoked cubed steaks before and then country fried them. I liked it but it's just too much work doing both smoking and frying.
                Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                Pink Thermapen
                Purple Thermapen

Comment

smoked then deep fried chicken wings are a regular item. Naked wings though. Breading would be my issue i think.

Side note: Used to work at a place that took fried chicken then slathered it in that nasty Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce and then grilled it. - the whole method after coming out of the deep fryer is disrespectfull to chicken.
                  Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                    Nice job! I have smoked cubed steaks before and then country fried them. I liked it but it's just too much work doing both smoking and frying.
                    Been there done this to .I agree it was good but way to much work
                    2-22.5'' weber
                    1-18'' weber
                    1 smokey joe
                    22.5'' wsm
                    24'' smoke vault
                    1-outhouse
                    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                    Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Originally posted by Ballistic BBQ View Post
                      My buds didn't get confused at all, but maybe I used a lighter smoke than Ken did. I really enjoyed the flavors.
                      OK... well since I love them both..I'm gonna try the mix. But..I think I'm gonna toss some more flavor in the coating. Maybe the Hot Whang!. Or maybe do a beer based batter.
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Nice intro there BB...
                        Have done smoked/fried wings and then covered them in me ghost of a chance wing sauce.................no confusion herejust good chit!
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

I subscribe to BALLBBQ over on youtube. Love his stuff. Nice way to launch yourself onto the forums sir!

Comment

I'd tear that up right now hell yes!

Comment

Working...
                            X