$6 mazes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $6 mazes

Sheet of perforated aluminum and stainless wire: $24 at Lowes. Enough to make 4
    sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
    Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
    Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Yer not gonna wanna use alum in those. When they start melting you'll know why.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

There is a reason TJ uses S/S......
      Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Ya ur right. They suck
        Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

They look cool, and well made, but me personally, I try never to cook with aluminum. How much more is stainless steel? Could they easily, and inexpensively be fabricated with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Charcuteryan View Post
            Ya ur right. They suck
            I will insert my favorite Theodore Roosevelt quote;

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

i am sure you will do better next time around
            Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

They did not melt. The guy must have sold me "magic" aluminum

Comment

They did not melt. The guy must have sold me "magic" aluminum
                Yet... They may not. Just saying it's a possibility. I guess if it does, make a new one.
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks great.. hope it works for you.. now go smoke some meat!!!

and take pics for us.. I dont think I have seen any meat from you yet....
                  Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                  Yoder YS640
                  Weber Genesis
                  Weber 18.5" Kettle
                  Weber Performer
                  Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Sorry 4 bein a douche. I like you guys. The things us new guys post may sound or look stupid to you pros. I grew up in the ghetto. The only thing that people smoked was crack. Nothing that i bbq turns out perfect. If it did, i would just stop trying. Im sorry if my experiments arent 100% food safe, but i can tell you ther a hell of a lot safer than crack!

Comment

Sorry 4 bein a douche. I like you guys. The things us new guys post may sound or look stupid to you pros. I grew up in the ghetto. The only thing that people smoked was crack. Nothing that i bbq turns out perfect. If it did, i would just stop trying. Im sorry if my experiments arent 100% food safe, but i can tell you ther a hell of a lot safer than crack!
                      good point!

Comment

Being uninformed is far from being a douche. So you didn't know that aluminum melts at around 1100* or so & charcoal burns that hot or hotter. So what? I admire your effort to make a cool copy of a device. I hope it does work for you. It may not melt but if so, who cares? Just make another out of sturdier materials. You absolutely did not look stupid or dumb. We appreciate good guys like you who are enthusiastic and, who knows, you may teach us some things as well. Good effort & keep it up. Hell, if I didn't have 4 pellet smoking devices already I would be trying my hand at making one like yours. My friend is a welder & had scraps of the stainless perforated material and I had him make me a couple of tube smokers but not round, like Todds, but square sided ones. They are excellent & he did them for $10 each.
                        MES 30"
                        A-Maze-N pellet smoker
                        Weber 22" kettle
                        E-Z-Que rotisserie
                        Weber Smokey Joe
                        Big Weber Gasser
                        Cracker Smoker
                        UDS

Comment

read the Theodore Roosevelt quote

Far better is it that you tried something than never to try at all

sigpic

Comment

Heres what happened:
                            lighting

after 4 hours

after 8 hours

after emptying

Comment

heck i would use it until it dies and make another

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X