Shrimp Appetizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrimp Appetizer

I was convinced I had posted this a long time ago and still can't find it.

In any event, going to a neighbors tonight for a party. I'm taking these. You can look at them and they're easy enough to figure out. This is an old pic and had some leftover shrimp without bacon.

One piece of advice I will give here in the grilling process is that the bacon fat will cause flare ups unless you have something like grill grates. So, in order to not over cook the shrimp (rubber) I half cook the bacon and then finish the entire piece on the grill at 400°.

Leave the seeds in for some good zing or core the jalapeno for a much more mild taste. You can use some brines or sauces on the shrimp so it's just up to you. I do like to brine shrimp and it only takes an hour or two.

Anyway, give it a shot. There's a name for these but for the life of me I can't remember what it is, sorry.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Oh. Freakin. Yum.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

those look real good!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Hawg, I knew it was somewhere.

This is very simple and can pack as much punch as you want with the peppers.

Start with raw shrimp, some fresh jalapenos, and some bacon. I find it's best to pre cook the bacon about half as much as you want it done. That way, the bacon gets done, flare ups are as bad and the shrimp doesn't get over cooked.

So, the basics:

As for heat or lack thereof: for not much heat at all, core the jalapeno which takes most of the heat out. Thinner slices will help as well. I like the heat so we do thicker slices with seeds and membrane.

It's really simple, just put a slice of jalapeno on the shrimp, wrap in partially cooked bacon, and stick a toothpick in it:

I grill them at 400° for a few minutes each side to finish the bacon and get the shrimp just right so it's not gummy:

They are good, easy and make for a great appetizer.
        Pete
        Large BGE
        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Pete, you are killing me.
          Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
          My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
          @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Oh Hell Yeah...I could chow down on that waiting for me supper to be done...
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

I do like that gig!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
              X