Time for more bacon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for more bacon!

About out of my bacon so picked up a pork belly from Costco. Keeping it simple this time with TQ, brown sugar and red and black pepper. Cut into 2 four lb slabs weighed out, rubbed in the cure mix and into the fridge for 9-11 days. I'll cold smoke it with a mix of maple, hickory and apple for 8-12 hours depending on my time. Last time I went to 14 hours and it was too smoky for my taste.

With the leftover lb, I cut it into 1/2 inch pieces to try some burnt ends that I will smoke with heat. Hope they turn out!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Lookin' good!
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Curious on Costco price and if it is skin on or off? I just picked up some at RD frozen vac packed and skin on. I was not so impresses so far.

Comment

Gonna be good!
        sigpic

Comment

Looking good! Never thought about Costco having bellies, gonna have to check that out.

Comment

2.99 lb in slabs like this. 3.99 lb cut into 1 lb sections. Both are skin off.

Comment

Been buying bellies at Costco for some time now mostly @$2.69lb with skin off
              Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
              Weber 22.5" WSM
              Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
              Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
              Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
              Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
              Weber Smokey Joe
              GMG Daniel Boone
              Pit Barrel Cooker
              Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
              6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
              Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
              The Vortex

Comment

Last I looked at Costco, $2.97 per lb, skin off and ready to go. And they have nice ones!
                Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                X