Clear All

• Bought a new Slicer!! Thanks CA!!

Feeling a little left out with everyone buying new toys;

CA with his new Gaef N1 slicer
    Pandemonium's new Griddle
    BrewMasterJosh's new Grinder
    BigPoppaDW new Ice cream maker
    and Fishaw with his new G.I.Joe

and knowing I couldn't survive waiting another 3 months for Santa to bring me a new toys I decided to spoil myself. I was contemplating a Nemco Easy Tomato Slicer but the $300 dollar price tag seemed a little steep.So I've joined the ranks of the elite and bought myself an electric food slicer!!
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnL4cCmHJBA[/yt]

Searching high and low, I ended up just putting all my faith in CA's Gaef N1 review and getting the same slicer (no pressure there CA) ;). But seeing that I'm on the other side of the pond the same slicer here is sold under the Chef's Choice brand.

For those interested here is the link where I bought it. The site says they have 1 more in stock and Golda's will ship to the US.

http://www.goldaskitchen.com/merchan...d=13423&step=4

Here is another link that sells the same slicer.

http://www.kitchenniche.ca/electric-...l?currency=CAD

It's shipping by UPS so should be here before the end of the week. Can't wait!!
    Last edited by Richtee; 09-20-2010, 05:08 PM. Reason: Attempt to fix video

Hmm tried to fix yer video, but I can't get it goin' for some reason...
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

congrats!
      sigpic
      it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Sweet!.... I liked CA's review of that baby also....
        sigpic

Comment

Kwakman99 You going you !!! Dwayne
          South Georgia heat,,,smoking something....
          Chargrill w/ royaloak lump
          Mad Hunky droooooling

Comment

Hope like hell it works out for you - looking at the link, looks like they've shipped with a smaller motor and no gold edged blade, but that might just be down to the website getting it wrong. :-(
            Course that means you can sharpen the blade without worrying about taking the titanium nitride off, swings and roundabouts.

That said - my motor hasn't given any sign of ever being under strain, crunched it's way through a bit of bone yesterday (well it was wild venison).

One thing I will say, the softer something is the slower you want to slide it into the blade, otherwise you get a flap develop at the bottom. You just need to give the blade time to cut.

Goes through frozen meat and bacon like it's marshmallow :-)

Look forward to seeing your comments (just so long as they don't start:- 'that bloody CA wouldn't know a decent slicer if I threw it at him...'

LOve that tomato slicer, but $300 !!!
            You need to be processing a shitload of tomatos for that.
            Haven't tried tomato's on the graef yet - can't see why it wouldn't work though :-)
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Nice lookin slicer you bought, should be a good one i had the 610

Comment

ah ha - I was right they've used the wrong text for that picture.
                tell you how I know:
                The Electric Food Slicer has a tilted food carriage
                Oh no it doesn't, not unless you stick a book under the front feet

So you should have the 150watt motor. :-)
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

CA,

Well the kit's been AWESOME!! I love it.

The box does say made in Germany and there is the Graef logo on the front of the unit, very small but it's there. The owners manual does also indicates the same specs as your unit even if the motor housing looks smaller. You are correct, the blade isn't coated in Titanium but to me that doesn't matter, I'm fairly confident the blade will stay shap for months of abuse. I've already used it to cut meat (duh!), cheese (soft Motza cheese barely slows the motor), veggies, bread, my kids homework.... uh wait.. not that last bit, and it has preformed beautifully.

And my fears of the noise coming from the motor were unfounded, she makes some noise but nothing that would stop you from using it all day long.

Now if I could only figure out how to post pics I'd show everyone...where's that "any key"?!

Later,

Comment

Pics

Ok, so I figured out this attachment thingy. So here are some pics of the unit and of my Coppa (cured meat spiced with Fines Herbes de Provence).

FYI, those few slices didn't last 1 minute once the kids saw them.... DAG NABIT!! I didn't even get ONE!!! Just don't let them know that I sliced some more once they were sleeping for me and the missus. Sliced melt in your mouth thin with some excellent Camembert cheese and nice goblet or red.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dayaaam, I am impressed. Might just have to look into that one. Thanks for posting.
                      https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Originally posted by Kwakman99 View Post
                        Ok, so I figured out this attachment thingy. So here are some pics of the unit and of my Coppa (cured meat spiced with Fines Herbes de Provence).

FYI, those few slices didn't last 1 minute once the kids saw them.... DAG NABIT!! I didn't even get ONE!!! Just don't let them know that I sliced some more once they were sleeping for me and the missus. Sliced melt in your mouth thin with some excellent Camembert cheese and nice goblet or red.
                        Ok, where is the wheat bread, I have this strong urge to make a sandwich..
                        sigpic

Char-Griller Outlaw w-SFB & (mods)
                        30" Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse

Comment

oh excellent - made a great job of that coppa - gonna want the recipe for that posted up somewhere. Looks superb.
                          And you can see in the pics that it's been sliced thin enough to be seethru and perfectly even.
                          Even without the tit-nit coating that's going to be a serious quality blade.

Sliced up some bread and sausage this morning. They really are great bits of kit.

Glad you like it - had a friend round this morning who was impressed with how compact a unit it was.

Also interesting to see a box in english - mine's direct from germany :-)

Always nice to recommend something you think is great and have someone else agree with you

One thing When you pull the cord out, just hold onto that little rubber washer, otherwise it pulls out. I think that's the only criticism I've been able to come up with, and it's no big deal.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention it but that neat little tray also comes with it.
                          Not a big point, but it is a nice touch.
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                          X