Posted On: 07-27-2017
Replies: 1
Views: 22
0 Great gas grill for a great price.
Last Post: BYBBQ
Posted On: 07-27-2017
Replies: 1
Views: 18
0 Just got in a Pit Barrel Cooker. Smoke updates.
Last Post: chefrob
Posted On: 07-26-2017
Replies: 43
Views: 731
0 Teriyaki Pheasant Sandwich
Replies: 17
Views: 209
0 Classic Thermapen Open Box Sale
Replies: 3
Views: 46
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,265 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,314 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 634,154 Polls 35
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 12-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

Cliff Is Just Starting Out
Default Sausage Hanging Rod

I have received a Masterbuilt Extra Wide Propane Smoker for Christmas, I am looking for suggestions on making some type of sausage hanging rods. I got this smoker primarily to smoke larger quanties of sausage, since it is wider.

I am planning on other mods, but think I have a handle on those.

Thanks

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-02-2010, 12:12 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Got an interior pict? I'm thinking oak dowels, notched flat at the ends, resting on the rack supports? Or...see my Beef Schanck Schtixs post. Something similar?
Old 12-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Sausagehead

Kingudaroad Is  A Name Known To All
Kingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To All

I've used the dowels. They get brittle from the heat over time. I had a couple of old 1/4" square stainless steel rotisserie rods that I hack sawed up to length and those seem to be indestructible.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:24 PM
women love my meat...

aczeller Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacheraczeller Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacheraczeller Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacheraczeller Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacheraczeller Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacheraczeller Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

where you at cliff? steel rod is dirt cheap... I can get a full 20' length of it for less than $10 for anything up to about 1/2" or so. check with a welding shop or steel yard close by if you don;t have the rotisserie rods. they probably have plenty of scrap laying around. if you are close, let me know... i'll hook you up.

Later,
Andy
Former Lineup:
-Charbroil Santa Fe grill
-1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
-1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
-enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:06 PM
slicin and dicin

Jimh Is  A Name Known To All
Jimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To All

I have a members mark gasser and i'm thinking just beak up some 16ga stainless in the shape of a V so they rest on the sides for the grates thats my plan anyhooo
23"weber kettle

Old 12-08-2010, 01:21 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimh View Post
I have a members mark gasser and i'm thinking just beak up some 16ga stainless in the shape of a V so they rest on the sides for the grates thats my plan anyhooo
Not a quality/taste issue, but appearance...any area touching anything- pan, side of smoker, another sausage...will not pick up color of the rest of the stuff. Just an FYI.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Keepin' on Smokin'

Bassman Is  A Name Known To All
Bassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To All

This is what I use in my Smoke Vault. They are 18 inches wide.

Smoke Vault 24
Old 12-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

harper072554 Is Just Starting Out

I have a MES... I have some stainless steel tubes that I use to hang sausage with... They are 1/2" diameter and work great...
Old 12-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

I'm on for some re-bar I got at work & the chopsaw!... Ya'll got me thinkin!... Cheers!

Old 12-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Blowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Hey Bassman,

Do you remember who make those hangers? Maybe where you purchased them from? I like to get a set.

Dan
Old 12-08-2010, 10:00 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Hmmm - seems to me... get some "S" hooks and just hang them on an existing rack?

Welcome to S-M BTW...
Old 12-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
Default S hooks

I bought some S hook hanging gizmos from butcher packer. I hang them from 3/4 inch hickory or oak staves
Old 12-09-2010, 05:35 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Blowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Hmmm - seems to me... get some "S" hooks and just hang them on an existing rack?

Welcome to S-M BTW...
Richtee,

Thanks I had smoke in my eyes and couldn't see. KISS theory is always best.

By the way I'm a Michigander (near Alpena). Got to try your seasoning sometime soon...
Old 12-09-2010, 05:59 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

for cheap ss hooks use large steel paperclips :-)
You just bend the interior loop out and viola strong, cheap-enough-to-be-disposable ss hooks.

Paperclips are the metal equivalent of ducttape.
Dunno what I'd do without them, never clipped paper with one though :bounce

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Propane