Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sully's Dam Dip,Wings of Bliss,Blue Crab Quiche and Lemon Curd Cheescake..Outdoors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sully's Dam Dip,Wings of Bliss,Blue Crab Quiche and Lemon Curd Cheescake..Outdoors...

Sully's Dam Dip was posted in KCBS Bull Sheet and it's excellent...

2-15oz cans hormel hot chili
    2-8oz pkg cream cheese
    Dirty dicks Hot pepper sauce
    6 oz Dr.Gonzos hot pepper mash...
    8oz Mrs renfros Habanero salsa
    8oz Paul Newman hot salsa
    8 oz shredded mozz/provolone
    jap ring optional

Instead of hormel chile used homemade red chile with smoked brisket cubes...Spread chile on bottom cast iron..Sprinkle dirty dicks hot pepper sauce...Break up cream cheese and spread over that..spread 1/2 jar Dr.gonzos supermash.. over that...Spread salsa over that..cover with cheese...

Grill 20-30 minutes offset style untill dip bubbling....

Wings of Bliss from Wingman

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13449

Changed recipe slightly and brined them a bit with clementines and other goodies

Grilled off set with lump and hickory on kettle

Brine gave skin nice crispyness without charring and infused some flavor....Only thing i would change is not dilute the marmalade chipotle sauce with the water..Did hit the wings with our comp style finishing rub for a little more pop...

Did some blue crab quiches on backwoods chubby...375 degree with lump and hickory..

pre-baked crusts with chick peas to prevent sides from collapsing then removed chick peas and filled with blue crab quiche

Did some lemon curd mini cheescakes in chubby as well

Picked up 120 pounds of humprehy premium hardwood briquets for free for grilling use...

Even pets enjoyed the sunny day...

Eatin good Alex???
    Keith

Comment

That's definitely some fine looking grub, Alex. I would take on a whole plate full of that.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

looks good! sounds like that dip has a little bite to it?!

Comment

WOW!

Paul Menard would be proud of that meal...........
          Last edited by Fishawn; 03-16-2011, 11:37 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

YowZa! That's some good lookin Purina JT Chow right there
            JT

Comment

Oh my gawd! I'm moving in. Nuttin' you can do about it. I want the quiche and cheesecake and I'm a happy camper. I'll take that kitty cat too. Nice job my friend!

Comment

Clean Air...Running Fast!...That is some damn good food right there! Clickin da scales!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Great job man. It all looks great -
                  Scarbelly

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                    WOW!
                    Exactly.
                    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Uhh...where's the dang chickpeas...
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                        Uhh...where's the dang chickpeas...
                        Sorry..You put a strip of foil over the crusts in the pan and add the chicpeas and pre-bake dough for 10 minutes at 375 degree...The chickpeas are then removed and you add quiche....The chick-peas hold the edges of form firm(dough) and they dont let the top of dough get too hard...

Comment

Needs more Cow Bell, really the name of this thread don't say enough about how great that all looks and sounds. .

Comment

Quite the tasty looking feed you put on there. Nice job.

I have had some of Sully's Damn Dip and it sure does have a kick to it. He will make up a batch of this for Saturday night at midnight at just about every cook-off he goes to. Good times.

BAR-BE-QUE!!!!

If you have ever heard that yelled out at whatever time of day, that's Sully!

Comment

Top shelf stuff right there Alex....man you are wheeling out the Chubby, making some awesome dip, smoking Quiche, Lemon Curd Cheesecake, and then hitting us with the Free Briq's. You living the good life man, the good life.

How was the chubby fired cheesecake? Did it take on a lot of smoke? Had a buddy smoke an apple crisp, and It kinda got away from him. a little would have enhanced, but it was a bit to much IMHO. That Cheese cake looked awesome.
                              BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                              Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                              I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Working...
                              X