Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Poultry

Poultry Chicken, Yardbird & Turkey

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 When Your Vegan Son Comes Home From College.... Vortex!
Last Post: Fishawn
Posted On: 09-22-2017
Replies: 2
Views: 21
0 Another Photobucket Workaround
Last Post: Jailer
Replies: 13
Views: 129
0 Picanha SV style
Last Post: Otis857
Replies: 14
Views: 210
0 Yet Another Pulled Pork Thread...
Last Post: zombini
Replies: 41
Views: 666
0 An Excellent Datil Hot Sauce.....
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 13
Views: 265
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,344 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,587 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 638,498 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 06-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Its really smokey in here

ThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To All
ThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To All
Default Bacon Wrapped Chix Breast Rolled w/ MH, Ham, Green Chile, and Monterey Jack Cheese

Bacon Wrapped Chix Breast Rolled w/ MH, Ham, Green Chile, and Cheese

Saw a chicken roll the other day, that reminded me of these little morsels.

Chick Breast, some cheap ham, and some canned whole green chiles. Put a sprinkle of MH with some seasoning salt.

These things were monsters.

Used a little bit of my rub to season bacon for some added sweetness

Fishawns inspiring vids have had me using the Weber again. By far my favorite thing to cook on. It can do it all, I really like the 18.5" unless i'm cookin a whole lot. I used some Kingsford comp (about 1 chimney full), and cherry wood chips. Also had some O'douls Amber from when my wife was pregnant, so I figured I'd put it to use.

30 min mark

Hour mark

1.5 hour mark

Done @ 165

Plating

Ugly Drum Smokers on Facebook

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 06-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Awesome! That is a great combination with chicken breasts. Perfectly cooked also... Bravo and long live the kettle....
Old 06-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Banned

ALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To All
ALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To All

real nice....gonna try it when me green chiles ready in august......
Old 06-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Tinkerer of Smoke

MichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

OK TD, ya'll talked me right into some of these bad boobies. Might have to tell my local metal picker to keep an eye out for a Weber bottom for me. I got all the lids I'll ever need.

Points for making my stomach drool!
Old 06-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Hippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodHippy Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

The chicken fattie! Looks fantastic.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Pit Master

SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All
SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All

Looks great! Nice idea too.

@SmokinJim52 on Twitter
Old 06-13-2011, 03:55 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Those are beautiful! MmMMmm!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:21 PM

ThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To All
ThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To AllThunderDome Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy View Post
The chicken fattie! Looks fantastic.
Haha, I guess it is a fattie of sorts

Old 06-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Pit Master

northern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Great looking chix

GOSM
K.C.B.S Member # 60786
Digital Thermometers
Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:59 PM
I like meat

Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All
Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All

Oh hell yea, that looks very good! So good I am going to take my happy ass to the store and get some chicken. I'm on it big daddy! Thanks.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:24 PM
WATT BURNER

morkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Nice pics on this.
got some chix on the smoker now just need to start posting more.

SS R.F. Is For Sale
Old 06-13-2011, 06:38 PM
I like meat

Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All
Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by morkdach View Post
Nice pics on this.
got some chix on the smoker now just need to start posting more.
I have some on the grill too, after seeing this thread I went to the store and bought some.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Keepin' on Smokin'

Bassman Is  A Name Known To All
Bassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To All

Those are some beauties! I'll have to try those even though I don't have a Weber.

Smoke Vault 24
Old 06-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Pit Master

sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All
sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All

I love stuffing chicken breast and these look fantastic!! Great job!

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
Weber Smokey Joe
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
Pink Thermapen
Purple Thermapen
Old 06-14-2011, 11:28 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

TD, man those look outrageous!!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 12-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

pork chop Is Just Starting Out

This looks great, I wanna try it with my cheapo electric smoker. I can only get the temp to 225max... How long will it take and do you think it will get too dry?
Old 12-31-2011, 08:12 PM
miss ya gary....

chefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To All
chefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To All

missed this the first time.......looks great TD!

it's all good my friend..........
Old 12-31-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pork chop View Post
This looks great, I wanna try it with my cheapo electric smoker. I can only get the temp to 225max... How long will it take and do you think it will get too dry?
Hmmm. Do you have a kettle grill?

I dont know how long the bacon will take that low, but the chicken may dry out before bacon gets real crisp. Give it a try tho

Old 01-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

pork chop Is Just Starting Out
Default Got the kettle grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderDome View Post
Hmmm. Do you have a kettle grill?

I dont know how long the bacon will take that low, but the chicken may dry out before bacon gets real crisp. Give it a try tho
So I went out today and got the 18.5" weber. Not worth potentially screwing up the meal over $79. Plus now I can do lots more. Thanks for your help!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Poultry