Posted On: 07-27-2017
Replies: 1
Views: 19
0 Great gas grill for a great price.
Last Post: BYBBQ
Posted On: 07-27-2017
Replies: 1
Views: 18
0 Just got in a Pit Barrel Cooker. Smoke updates.
Last Post: chefrob
Posted On: 07-26-2017
Replies: 43
Views: 731
0 Teriyaki Pheasant Sandwich
Replies: 17
Views: 209
0 Classic Thermapen Open Box Sale
Replies: 3
Views: 46
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,265 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,314 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 634,154 Polls 35
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 11-23-2011, 07:01 AM
Rub Mixer

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Default Snack Sticks - Venison/Jalapeno/Cheese

Well the weather cooling off so it's getting close to sausage time! 20lbs of snack sticks with venison, jalapeno & cheese. Tried the smoked collagen casings for the first time, got a good deal on them, so I couldn't pass them up. They worked fine but seem to be a bit tougher than the clear casings I usually use....could be me though.
Took these to work and every hunter wants to give me their deer meat to make these...This may be the 1st post of many this year! and next....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fry Test (Medium).JPG (103.3 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg Stuffed (Medium).JPG (73.1 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Stuffing (Medium).JPG (87.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Smoker (Medium).JPG (46.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg Pile1 (Medium).JPG (89.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Pile2 (Medium).JPG (136.0 KB, 56 views)

~ Frank Sinatra.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 11-23-2011, 07:41 AM
veteran butcher/sausage

butcher Is  A Name Known To All
butcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To All

Those look really good, Jalapeno and cheese,,, DANG!! that would be just awsome in a snack stick, I make a fresh sausage with jalapeno and cheese, gonna have to give this a try some time.. Great job and nice pics!!! :)

Old 11-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Will Hunt For Food

Critterhunter Is  A Name Known To AllCritterhunter Is  A Name Known To AllCritterhunter Is  A Name Known To All
Critterhunter Is  A Name Known To AllCritterhunter Is  A Name Known To AllCritterhunter Is  A Name Known To AllCritterhunter Is  A Name Known To AllCritterhunter Is  A Name Known To AllCritterhunter Is  A Name Known To AllCritterhunter Is  A Name Known To All

Nice looking sticks,Great job.

Certified Sausage Head
Old 11-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Im Ross,I'm a Meatatarian

rbranstner Is  A Name Known To All
rbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To All

Great looking sticks. I can't wait to make mine in a couple of weeks.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Smokin Bill

minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All
minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All

Man do those look and sound good
22.5'' wsm
24'' smoke vault
1-outhouse
Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
Smoked meathead #135
Old 11-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Rub Mixer

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Thanks, Gents for the kind words!

~ Frank Sinatra.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:05 AM
slicin and dicin

Jimh Is  A Name Known To All
Jimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To AllJimh Is  A Name Known To All

Great stuff,wont be long and it will my turn to make some
23"weber kettle

Old 11-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Pit Master

erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All
erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All

nice lookin stix Unc Sauce!!! like the jalepeno cheese bit too!!!
Dutch Ovens and other CI
Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

Old 11-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Outstanding! ..... .... Outta but totally worthy.....
Old 11-23-2011, 11:08 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Beautiful sticks sir!!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 11-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Blowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlowin Smoke Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sauce View Post
Well the weather cooling off so it's getting close to sausage time! 20lbs of snack sticks with venison, jalapeno & cheese. Tried the smoked collagen casings for the first time, got a good deal on them, so I couldn't pass them up. They worked fine but seem to be a bit tougher than the clear casings I usually use....could be me though.
Took these to work and every hunter wants to give me their deer meat to make these...This may be the 1st post of many this year! and next....
Outstanding looking sticks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbranstner View Post
Great looking sticks. I can't wait to make mine in a couple of weeks.
Me too still waiting for the main ingredient.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:30 PM
188 lbs. 232 lbs lost.

Gunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To All
Gunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To AllGunslinger Is  A Name Known To All

Looks beautiful UH. I'll be doing snack sticks for co-workers and friends every weekend for a month or so. I really like it when they hand me a couple of roasts and say, "experiment with it and surprise me."

Tom
Old 11-25-2011, 07:11 AM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
Looks beautiful UH. I'll be doing snack sticks for co-workers and friends every weekend for a month or so. I really like it when they hand me a couple of roasts and say, "experiment with it and surprise me."
Nothing like getting the green light for experimentation.
I have some more meat from coworkers and have the next snack stick installment in the smoker now....

~ Frank Sinatra.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Meat give me MEAT

lynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Member # 200

Old 11-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

Great looking snacksticks.

Though if you were going to smoke them anyway, why use the smaoked casings ?

And was it a commercial seasoning or is there a recipe ?

Old 11-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
Great looking snacksticks.

Though if you were going to smoke them anyway, why use the smaoked casings ?

And was it a commercial seasoning or is there a recipe ?
I actually took a few different recipes and combined them with a few tweaks. I think maybe these casings may be made for people that don't have a smoker...not sure. But I don't think they add any "smoke" flavor. I got a bargain on a pack of them so I figured I'd give them a shot.

~ Frank Sinatra.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Pit Master

tadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To All
tadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To All

Yum! Very delicious looking snack sticks! Wish I had the means to make some for myself right now. !

Humphrey's Pint
Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
Anova One Sous Vide
AMPS
Purple Thermapen
Maverick ET-733
DigIQ DX2
Misfit #1674

Old 11-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Plays with his meat...

merrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To All
merrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sauce View Post
I actually took a few different recipes and combined them with a few tweaks. I think maybe these casings may be made for people that don't have a smoker...not sure. But I don't think they add any "smoke" flavor. I got a bargain on a pack of them so I figured I'd give them a shot.
Actually I think the "smoked" casings are just a little stronger for hanging the stix and not really smoked.

2 of me best buds ever! R.I.P guys
Old 11-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Smokin Cowboy

mulepackin Is  A Name Known To All
mulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrell View Post
Actually I think the "smoked" casings are just a little stronger for hanging the stix and not really smoked.
That be correct. I too find them a bit tougher than the regular ones. Great looking stix and great post

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sausage