Yoder YS640 modifications with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoder YS640 modifications with pics

Hey guys, first off I love my Yoder, but there is always room for improvements.
    Here is my list of things i have done so far. If anyone has any new or better ideas please comment

First is the trick with the conduit so my maverick wont get pinched in the lid

Next i just installed some sheet metal screws in the chimney to support my maverick (I would have welded a tab, but was to lazy to break out the welder) This allows it to stay out of the way from my racks

These were simple modifications, and only took about 20 minutes to do, if anyone has any other mods that work great please comment

and finally i used the same sheet metal screws for the rear and was able to hang my shelf rack when not needed
    Lang 60" deluxe
    Yoder YS640
    Masterbuilt 30"
    Masterbuilt 40"

Pretty slick...
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

New Yoder

Got my new Yoder YS640 yesterday and absolutely love it
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ggarfish View Post
        Hey welcome Gar...

Stop into the intro forums and impress us with more pix! Enjoy!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by ggarfish View Post
          We love ours too!!!

Congrats on the new smoker! Now get smokin!!!
          Where to Shop -
          www.OwensBBQ.com

Follow Tatonka Dust on Facebook -
          https://www.facebook.com/TatonkaDust

Comment

Nice work
            sigpic

Comment

Great mod's pyroman! I still haven't drilled a hole in ours yet, ya I know I am a little chickenshit to do it!

I have the conduit part and step bits to drill it, pretty sure with time I will do the same. For the Maverick display I am think of sticking a magnet to the back of the display and sticking it to the racks or frame... anyone have thoughts on if the magnet will screw with a Maverick?

I like your rack hanger but we have 2 issues for us where it will not work in our situation. 1st is we have shedding Golden Retriever and 3 cats and the 2nd is can't hang the rack there when the 640 is wearing her smoking jacket...
              --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
              www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Like the looks of all of 'em pyro...nice .
                Rudy

sigpic
                GOSM Big Block
                SnPP - Rehab'd after 16 years
                22.5" Weber Kettle
                Smokey Joe for the RV
                Assorted Digital Thermos
                and a ugly BROWN thermapen cuz it was on sale!

Comment

Where do you guys find those conduit pieces for your thermometers?
                  Propane Smoke Shack
                  UDS
                  Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                  sigpic

Comment

I am sure these are available in the electrical section at Menard's, that is where I purchased ours. If not Lowe's or Home Depot should have them also. Below you can see on the labels what they are referred to as on the packages.

www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
                      I am sure these are available in the electrical section at Menard's, that is where I purchased ours. If not Lowe's or Home Depot should have them also. Below you can see on the labels what they are referred to as on the packages.

Perfect that is what I was looking for. I wasn't sure if it was and electrical or water type connector.
                      Propane Smoke Shack
                      UDS
                      Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                      sigpic

Comment

well lets try this reply again, i sure am getting sick and tired of writing a reply only to get logged off half way through it !!!!!!!!! garfish get a hold of wingman if you need any yoder tips, he is a pro lol and if you want some dam good rub get a hold of richtee, that rub is some good chit i tell ya.... mossymo drilling is no big deal, but the magnets sound like a good idea too, i use my other themometer like that too.... wow i actually made it through a full reply without getting booted
                        Lang 60" deluxe
                        Yoder YS640
                        Masterbuilt 30"
                        Masterbuilt 40"

Comment

I like the mods.
                          Please provide info on the Yoder as far as temp stability and the such.
                          I am looking into the purchase but data is hard to fine.
                          sigpic

Comment

The yoder has very stable temps and is very accurate when compared to my maverick thermometer. It will get to 235 in about 20 minutes when it's 50 degrees outside. Rob (wingman) is the expert on these machines. I believe he has a temperature chart on the yoder. The yoder has only been out for about a year or so and they are constantly improving the software, very nice to be able to upgrade the software. Hope this helps

Sent from my bad ass iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Lang 60" deluxe
                            Yoder YS640
                            Masterbuilt 30"
                            Masterbuilt 40"

Comment

Originally posted by Savannahsmoker View Post
                              I like the mods.
                              Please provide info on the Yoder as far as temp stability and the such.
                              I am looking into the purchase but data is hard to fine.
                              Have you seen Wingmans Temp Control & Accuracy review? http://www.smokingpit.com/Info/Yoder-YS640-Review.htm About a third of the way down the page and into the review he did what I felt was a very thorough analysis with a graph that shows temp stability.

This review was done with the U20 firmware; our smoker has U21 firmware and Yoder has U22 in the mail to us for an upgrade.
                              www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Working...
                              X