Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 10-16-2013, 09:04 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
This is an amazing recipe. I did it without skin and turned out fine. I need to go fishing again.

Thank You Ryan!!!
Seems those who have tried it love it, and those who haven't tried it say it doesn't work. However small trout & other delicate fish, I leave the skin on.

Bear

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Fire Starter

ridgerunnr Is Just Starting Out
Default hope this is good

I have 50 coho filets soaking in the brine!
Old 12-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunnr View Post
I have 50 coho filets soaking in the brine!

No complaints so far. Any questions, give me a yell !!

Bear
Old 01-17-2017, 09:48 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

I loved this recipe on carp, haven't made it in a long time. Picked up a 3 pound skinless salmon filet and a 3 pound skin on steelhead trout filet. Cut about 10 ounces of each for supper the other night. The remaining went into this brine. Left skin on trout so I could tell the difference. Out of the smoker a couple hours ago, i just had to try it. Salmon didn't stick to the tray. Prefer the feel of the salmon, after skin was removed from trout it had a baked feel to it and was wet. Taste wise salmon had more brine flavor and a tad salty(I think it was the type of salt i used) which might change when I get into the thicker portion. I started nibbling on the tail end first. Trout, you could taste more of the fish than salmon. My verdict is to remove skin from now on if it's still on.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:17 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I loved this recipe on carp, haven't made it in a long time. Picked up a 3 pound skinless salmon filet and a 3 pound skin on steelhead trout filet. Cut about 10 ounces of each for supper the other night. The remaining went into this brine. Left skin on trout so I could tell the difference. Out of the smoker a couple hours ago, i just had to try it. Salmon didn't stick to the tray. Prefer the feel of the salmon, after skin was removed from trout it had a baked feel to it and was wet. Taste wise salmon had more brine flavor and a tad salty(I think it was the type of salt i used) which might change when I get into the thicker portion. I started nibbling on the tail end first. Trout, you could taste more of the fish than salmon. My verdict is to remove skin from now on if it's still on.

Thank You Ryan!!
Glad they worked good for you.
Like I said, I remove the skin on all the big ones, but small things like 10" to 14" Trout, I leave the skin on, because the skin isn't real thick like on the bigger fish.

Bear
Old 01-19-2017, 09:57 PM
TBS Sniffer

barleypop Is  A Name Known To All
barleypop Is  A Name Known To Allbarleypop Is  A Name Known To Allbarleypop Is  A Name Known To Allbarleypop Is  A Name Known To Allbarleypop Is  A Name Known To Allbarleypop Is  A Name Known To Allbarleypop Is  A Name Known To Allbarleypop Is  A Name Known To All

If there is a smoke god his name is Salmon!
Old 01-20-2017, 11:02 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by barleypop View Post
If there is a smoke god his name is Salmon!

Amen!!

Bear

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Fish