Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 09:15 AM
ADK Guy

Smoke'n Dave Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSmoke'n Dave Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSmoke'n Dave Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSmoke'n Dave Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSmoke'n Dave Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSmoke'n Dave Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSmoke'n Dave Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSmoke'n Dave Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSmoke'n Dave Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

There's a guy who knows his butt , nice job Rich

The New Braunfels Black Diamond smoker
Assorted other meat burners/smokers

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 03-17-2014, 10:52 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

A bump for Walle.... :{)

Good luck with the March of Dimes cook my friend!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:59 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
X2

There's typically some good laughs along with the useful information as well in a bumped thread..... This one is no exception
Old 03-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Hunt it, Fish it, EAT IT!

WALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To All
WALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
A bump for Walle.... :{)

Thanks, Rich!

Now our bourbon laced with Guiness and corn beef phone conversation makes sense!

The MH packed package made it despite the Federal Governments attempt to destroy it!!

MOD Smoke, here I come!!!

Old 03-17-2014, 11:07 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Walle... the message was...

"Bandaids need to be keep in the front of the cabinet. I'm bleeding when I need one"

Silly wife...
Old 03-17-2014, 11:11 PM
Hunt it, Fish it, EAT IT!

WALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To All
WALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Walle... the message was...

"Bandaids need to be keep in the front of the cabinet. I'm bleeding when I need one"

Silly wife...
Wheeeww!! I thought you were suggesting some kinky shit with these butts...

All I got was "Bandaids need to...."

For me???

For the butts....

Thanks for the quick shipment and your support of the MOD project!!
Old 03-17-2014, 11:13 PM
The Mad Hunky!

It was that 8" boner that got me too..that made that large note necessary. Clean cut tho. Healed well and quick
Old 05-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Meat Mopper

wsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

I tried this for the first time this morning. I never realized there is a membrane in there that looks a lot like what you pull off the back of ribs.

This thread should be pinned to the top or copy/pasted into the pork butt tutorial. I read it a few weeks ago and had a hard time finding it again.

Thanks Rich
Old 05-10-2014, 10:56 AM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Tried it for the first time this week...I guess I need to practice a bit more...I split two butts and ended up with five pieces........
Old 05-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Meat Mopper

wsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godwsyrob Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
Tried it for the first time this week...I guess I need to practice a bit more...I split two butts and ended up with five pieces........
Me too but not until I picked one up to flip it over after 3 hours. It broke right in half.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Meat Mopper

Turned out good. I did a pan of baked beans at the last minute. Left 1/2 of a butt on a 14 inch grate sitting above the pan of beans with some peppers, onions bacon and the smaller pieces of butt that were going to get over cooked. Foiled the rest of the pieces.

Turned out good
Old 05-10-2014, 09:46 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Glad to hear. It does make it easier to pull and quicker to cook. And more barq~!
Old 05-14-2014, 12:23 PM
SMF/OTBS Refugee

TasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To All
TasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To All

BTT for reference....

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ
Old 06-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Who Dat!

44 bbq Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher44 bbq Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher44 bbq Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher44 bbq Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher44 bbq Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher44 bbq Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

I'm gonna try this again for the 4th. I made an attempt the last time I cooked a butt but gave up as I could not get the butt to corporate.
Gasser with 4+ yrs of dust
Custom end grain cutting board
Superfast Yellow Thermapen
18 " Smoke Vault
12" AMNTS
AMNPS
Newbie beer brewer
Old 01-07-2015, 10:50 PM
matt-u's good ol Q

matt-u Is Just Starting Out

Hey guys I'm new to this site and still learning the art & craft of GR8 Q just wondering if this split method does internal temp still need to get in 190-200 range any info would be gr8 thanks guys
Old 01-07-2015, 10:56 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt-u View Post
Hey guys I'm new to this site and still learning the art & craft of GR8 Q just wondering if this split method does internal temp still need to get in 190-200 range any info would be gr8 thanks guys
IMO yes, or where your butt is probe tender, and or, ready to separate easily (pull) which seems to be in the 195-205* range from my experience.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Wrap it in bacon

Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All
Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
IMO yes, or where your butt is probe tender, and or, ready to separate easily (pull) which seems to be in the 195-205* range from my experience.
X2 any pulled pork will be at 195*-205

Weber 22.5 kettle
Smokin in the Smokies
Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
Jerry
Old 01-07-2015, 11:05 PM
Wrap it in bacon

from Western North Carolina

Weber 22.5 kettle
Smokin in the Smokies
Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
Jerry
Old 01-07-2015, 11:11 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt-u View Post
Yep - just quicker there and easier to clean and pull. Less grease in the trap too.

Welcome!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Pork