Posted On: 07-27-2017
Replies: 1
Views: 25
0 Great gas grill for a great price.
Last Post: BYBBQ
Posted On: 07-27-2017
Replies: 1
Views: 23
0 Just got in a Pit Barrel Cooker. Smoke updates.
Last Post: chefrob
Posted On: 07-26-2017
Replies: 43
Views: 731
0 Teriyaki Pheasant Sandwich
Replies: 17
Views: 209
0 Classic Thermapen Open Box Sale
Replies: 3
Views: 47
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,265 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,314 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 634,154 Polls 35
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 09-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Snack Stix Smoker

Panthur Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit MasterPanthur Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit MasterPanthur Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master
Default Cure in Fresh Sausage

Hey guys, I am making some fresh sausage, won't be smoking this batch. I want to add cure anyways for the color if nothing else. Any reason I should not add cure in FRESH sausage ?? Thanks.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Mbr#2259

ExhaustedSpark Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherExhaustedSpark Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherExhaustedSpark Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherExhaustedSpark Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherExhaustedSpark Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthur View Post
Hey guys, I am making some fresh sausage, won't be smoking this batch. I want to add cure anyways for the color if nothing else. Any reason I should not add cure in FRESH sausage ?? Thanks.
I see no reason whatsoever. I usually cook up a patty of fried sausage after i have let it cure for summer sausage and it alway taste great.
And i do not worry about Nitrites in my food so there ya go. Have fun.

www.wedlinydomowe.com/

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage...ure-calculator

ExhaustedSpark
Disabled
Member American Legion
Life Member NRA
Life Member ARRL

Last edited by ExhaustedSpark; 09-28-2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-25-2012, 12:29 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Won't hurt a thing... I'd prolly choose #1 over TQ or #2 for this however.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

go for it - one of my most popular recipes is a fresh cured sausage.

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 09-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

You might wanna let it rest overnight before stuffing, let the cure do it's work.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 09-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Snack Stix Smoker

Panthur Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit MasterPanthur Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit MasterPanthur Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master

Awesome.....thanks guys.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Snack Stix Smoker

Would it be safe to say the proper cure #1 usage (in grams please) would be 1 gram cure per 1 pound meat ? (Since 1 ounce cure per 25 lbs is right and there are 28 grams in an ounce). Can anyone confirm please ?
Old 09-25-2012, 05:38 PM
veteran butcher/sausage

butcher Is  A Name Known To All
butcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To Allbutcher Is  A Name Known To All

3 grams / kg is the ratio on cure 1 to meat
as long as your sausage is cooked to a min of 156F it won't hurt a thing, you will have a pink color wich to some makes it difficult to tell your sausage is cooked when BBQ'ing

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sausage