Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Default Are Oklahoma Joe's any good? Is this worth it?

Craigslist: Oklahoma Joe Smoker http://omaha.craigslist.org/for/3557061341.html

Not familiar with this brand. From what I've read they're supposed to be pretty good. Tired of waiting for a cheap weber to come up. Plus I think I'd be happier with an offset anyways. Do they need any mods? TIA!

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Pit Master

tadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To All
tadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To All

I have a friend who has one, and it rusted through on him really quickly. I'd look at this, but with as rusty as it is already, be weary. Definitely worth looking at though. My friend bought a Lang after his Ok. Joe rusted through, and I think the Ok Joe did teach him how to regulate temps with an offset firebox. I may offer like $30-$50 for it, but wouldn't pay $100. You can get a REALLY nice Weber Kettle somewhere for that!

Humphrey's Pint
Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
Anova One Sous Vide
AMPS
Purple Thermapen
Maverick ET-733
DigIQ DX2
Misfit #1674

Old 01-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

I think T-H (Ken) has one I think if it's not rusting out that it might be closely priced to a decent deal if it's an Oklahoma Joe, which I think are made of a heavier gauge steel than most cheaper ones?

Ryan, here's one listed on CL by me for comparison

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/for/3553171062.html
Old 01-21-2013, 03:13 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
I think T-H (Ken) has one I think if it's not rusting out that it might be closely priced to a decent deal if it's an Oklahoma Joe, which I think are made of a heavier gauge steel than most cheaper ones?

Ryan, here's one listed on CL by me for comparison

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/for/3553171062.html
That's what I thought, that they were made heavier than the box store ones.

Hopefully its just surface rust. I can fix that. Got q text into the war department so we'll she what she says first.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:50 PM
BUY MAD HUNKY NOW!!!

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All

The Oklahoma Joe smoker is the older brother, so to speak, of the Horizon Smoker which I own. Mine is made from 1/4" thick pipe & the Ok Joe looks to be the same. For a hundred bucks I would jump on it.
Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 01-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Boston butt

Hambone1950 Knows How To Mop The Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
That's what I thought, that they were made heavier than the box store ones.

Hopefully its just surface rust. I can fix that. Got q text into the war department so we'll she what she says first.
Offer em 50 and if he balks , be ready to go up to 75....I bet he'll pop.
From what you can see of the inside it looks solid enough. I bet that's a good cooker.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:23 PM
<--- my mobile office

I see the newer ones might be made in China. So I'm trying to figure out if that's the case. I think so. Not a big deal.

The wife wants to know why I need another smoker. My reply why do you need 30 pairs of shoes? Cause they all have a use
Old 01-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

[QUOTE=Ryan;399276
The wife wants to know why I need another smoker. My reply why do you need 30 pairs of shoes? Cause they all have a use[/QUOTE]

Thanks... I need to store this line away for future use!!

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 01-21-2013, 05:37 PM
<--- my mobile office

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkonbutts View Post
Thanks... I need to store this line away for future use!!
I was surprised she didn't get pissed at that comment. And she gave me the go ahead. Email sent
Old 01-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Craigslist: Oklahoma Joe Smoker http://omaha.craigslist.org/for/3557061341.html

Not familiar with this brand. From what I've read they're supposed to be pretty good. Tired of waiting for a cheap weber to come up. Plus I think I'd be happier with an offset anyways. Do they need any mods? TIA!

Okie Joe's are great... I have the Longhorn 20".. The one you are looking at is the 16" version.. For 100 bones you cannot go wrong...

There are a few mods you can do to them to get even temps across the pit and a charcoal basket for longer burn times of your fuel...

Here's my baby chugging along with a pot of Red Beans cooking on the side..

Here is the smoker vent extension...

And the charcoal basket...

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 01-24-2013, 08:18 AM
<--- my mobile office

Finally received email back. He said its 12-15 years old. Everything is solid yet, but the firebox door doesn't shut cause of the rust. Think I can take care of that. Also said he has 3 other people interested, so hopefully he calls me
Old 01-24-2013, 12:34 PM
<--- my mobile office

Not my day today! Couldn't find my semi keys, then it gelled up on me. Slot of fun working on that when its 0 out. This lady called had an offer of 85 so I offered 100 but she had another guy coming to look at it. Yep he took it. I have bad luck with craigslist bout done with it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Charcoal Smokers