Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 11-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
Default 9 Hour Burgundy Mushrooms...

Oh yeah you read that right... 9 hours for these bad boys!! My father in law gave me these at his house a while back and I thought they were great asked for the recipe so here is what we have. He gave me a recipe for 4 pounds of mushrooms...I made 6 pounds. A local grocery had 8 oz button mushrooms for .59 ... good deal if you ask me! So figured I would share with you all.

So here is what we have going in these.

4 pounds white button mushrooms
1 litre Burgundy wine
2 cups boiling water
1/2 pound butter (yes butter not the fake stuff!)
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1.25 teaspoon dill
1.5 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 beef bouillon cubes (Low sodium if you can find them)
4 chicken bouillon cubes (low sodium if you can find them)
4 cloves garlic whole ( I use big cloves...so...more if you use smaller ones)

So here is what we have

Wash the mushrooms and throw them into a large stockpot. Add the wine, boiling water, butter, Worcestershire sauce, dill, black pepper, beef and chicken bouillon cubes and garlic. Stir to combine.

Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 6 hours. here is what we have after 6 hours.

Remove the lid, and then continue cooking, uncovered, for 3 hours.

These are so so good. Go great with beef and well just about anything of you like mushrooms. the flavor is out of the world good!! yes they take time... one of those things you cant rush or they just do not taste the same! they freeze quite well. That is what I do.. put them in the vac pack bag freeze up and then seal.

Hope you might try them.

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Last edited by barkonbutts; 09-18-2017 at 05:53 PM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 11-18-2013, 08:45 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

On the to do list. Bet they'd be great on some venison steaks or beef tenderloin.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Shoot it, Cook it, Eat it

RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All
RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All

Interesting. Love mushrooms. May give it a try. When I have the time.
S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
New Braunfels Bandera
UniFlame Gas Grill
Lil Chief
Old 11-19-2013, 09:00 AM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
On the to do list. Bet they'd be great on some venison steaks or beef tenderloin.
yes they do pair very nicely with beef tenderloin... that is what I had them with first time I had them... but the beef as more like leather loin as my FIL believes all meat should be cooked to 134987*.....he should pair up with Fish's wife as far as cooking meat temps!!

Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 11-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Fire Starter

Biteme7951 Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBiteme7951 Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBiteme7951 Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBiteme7951 Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBiteme7951 Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBiteme7951 Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBiteme7951 Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBiteme7951 Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBiteme7951 Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Those are awesome! My daughter does a similar recipe in a crock pot and we have them with our Christmas rib roast.

Barry.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Pit Master

sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All
sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All

Pretty cool. I have never heard of them but I think I would like them!

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
Weber Smokey Joe
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
Pink Thermapen
Purple Thermapen
Old 11-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Seasoned Smoker

dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All
dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All

Oh yeah Brian those look awesome! I'll bet they were pretty tasty! And I agree, you simply HAVE to use real butter with mushrooms!

Yoder YS640
Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
Frogmats
Maverick ET 732
Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

Old 11-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All

Looks Excellent, thanks for posting! I will be trying these sooner rather than later.
Masterbuilt 7 in 1
Old 11-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Yoder Momma!

TATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To All
TATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To All

Do you think you could just do this in a crock pot just longer? Just thinking about the part of bringing them to a boil and simmer.... curious and may just try this in the crock pot all day.

Follow Tatonka Dust on Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/TatonkaDust

Old 11-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biteme7951 View Post
Those are awesome! My daughter does a similar recipe in a crock pot and we have them with our Christmas rib roast.

Barry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TATONKA3A2 View Post
Do you think you could just do this in a crock pot just longer? Just thinking about the part of bringing them to a boil and simmer.... curious and may just try this in the crock pot all day.

See above ^^^^^^^^

I would think that you could.. not really a crock pot user... can you bring things to a boil in there? will it be hot enough to dissolve the cubes of bullion?

I do not think a crock will not hold 6 pounds of mushrooms.... If I do these I DO them...a bunch of them... if you try it let me know... I do have one and can see using it! this way i could go outside and not have to worry about the open flame and kids all day!!

Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 01-25-2014, 04:13 PM
Yoder Momma!

TATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To All
TATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To All

Thanks barkonbutts!!! I made these the other week and they were fantastic! I will be watching for mushrooms to go on sale and will be making them again as soon as possible.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:29 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

I have heard of these. Kinda got lost in my brain somewhere. I gotta try 'em tho. Thinking a stuffed beef loin?
Old 01-25-2014, 04:33 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
I have heard of these. Kinda got lost in my brain somewhere. I gotta try 'em tho. Thinking a stuffed beef loin?

yep did that is this link... very very good!!

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32093

Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 01-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Can't Get BIG W/O The Pig

BIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To All
BIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATONKA3A2 View Post
Thanks barkonbutts!!! I made these the other week and they were fantastic! I will be watching for mushrooms to go on sale and will be making them again as soon as possible.
Did you use a Crock Pot? we love schrooms here...
Big Chief Electric smoker
Brinkmann barrel smoker
LEM sausage stuffer
Cabela's pro HD grinder
Maverick ET-732
ThermoWorks Thermapen
GrillGrates
Old 01-25-2014, 06:37 PM
Yoder Momma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGLOPEZ View Post
Did you use a Crock Pot? we love schrooms here...
Not this time. I will next time though. Going to start them in the pot on the stove and bring them to a boil and then put in a preheated crockpot.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:09 PM
Meatasaurus

AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All
AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All

I wonder what they would be like if dried in a dehydrator then ground up. Might be some complex flavors for a rub.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:11 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I wonder what they would be like if dried in a dehydrator then ground up. Might be some complex flavors for a rub.
Tried my Pizza Shake yet? ;{)
Old 02-17-2014, 10:01 PM
Big Deck BBQ and Brew

Bama BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBama BBQ Is  A Name Known To All
Bama BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBama BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBama BBQ Is  A Name Known To All

These would go excellent with a Low n Slow Brisket. Something that takes a LOOOONNNNGGG time to compliment the mushrooms.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:29 AM
Banned

Conumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkonbutts View Post
See above ^^^^^^^^

I would think that you could.. not really a crock pot user... can you bring things to a boil in there? will it be hot enough to dissolve the cubes of bullion?

I do not think a crock will not hold 6 pounds of mushrooms.... If I do these I DO them...a bunch of them... if you try it let me know... I do have one and can see using it! this way i could go outside and not have to worry about the open flame and kids all day!!
Me thinking over the stove for the first 2 hours then to the preheat crockie, they should of shrunk enuff, we's got a big un'. And maybe using a better chicken and beef broth mix, those cubes are nothing but salt. Less salt, better health. Maybe they needs refrigerated stuff stuff you can buy, comes in a 4"ish jar. Or maybe beef broth and my special chicken broth instead of water.

I'll be makin' this to prep for the coming weekend for brisket, adding more garlic though, gotta be smoked garlic.

Thanks Barkybutts, it's gonna be good.

Last edited by Conumdrum; 02-18-2014 at 12:45 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > From The Kitchen