Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 02-18-2014, 03:22 AM
veni, vidi, varius

Hoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To All
Hoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To All

Awesome sounding recipe! gonna do this as soon as shrooms go on sale out this way....too pricey just now.

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 02-18-2014, 05:54 AM
Pit Master

Sam3 Is  A Name Known To All
Sam3 Is  A Name Known To AllSam3 Is  A Name Known To AllSam3 Is  A Name Known To All

I don't know how I missed this one. What a great recipe!
Thanks sharing!

BGE XL
BGE Mini
MAK 1 star #385
Bradley OBS w/Mods
Weber 22.5 WSM
Weber 22.5 Kettle
Pit Barrel Cooker
La Caja China
Mini-WSM
Old 02-18-2014, 09:47 AM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conumdrum View Post
Me thinking over the stove for the first 2 hours then to the preheat crockie, they should of shrunk enuff, we's got a big un'. And maybe using a better chicken and beef broth mix, those cubes are nothing but salt. Less salt, better health. Maybe they needs refrigerated stuff stuff you can buy, comes in a 4"ish jar. Or maybe beef broth and my special chicken broth instead of water.

I'll be makin' this to prep for the coming weekend for brisket, adding more garlic though, gotta be smoked garlic.

Thanks Barkybutts, it's gonna be good.
Yes that too is a good idea if you do find something take a pic of it so I can give it a try as well.

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 02-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Sounds Awesome Brian---Gotta be good, coming from you!!

Our Oval Crockpot should be plenty big, and has to be turned way down to get it to stop boiling!!!

Thanks,
Bear
Old 03-05-2014, 06:48 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

have some endurance :-)

Can't imagine cooking mushrooms for 9 hours !
That's bonkers

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 03-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Smokin Bill

minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All
minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
have some endurance :-)

Can't imagine cooking mushrooms for 9 hours !
That's bonkers
No work to it at all.Once simmering I think I stirred them 3 times all day.And boy did the house smell good
22.5'' wsm
24'' smoke vault
1-outhouse
Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
Smoked meathead #135
Old 03-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnbill View Post
No work to it at all.Once simmering I think I stirred them 3 times all day.And boy did the house smell good
Yes these really are not much work. the thoughest part for me is cleaning the mushrooms... I get them on sale for .69 for 8 oz... but they are dirty... so they get a good bath and we are good to go.. and yes the house smells so so good!! I do them on a rainy day... Alex I think you have a few of those right..

I am glad so many have tried these.. sorry for taking so long to post.. been doing them for years... and remember they freeze great so make a double batch!!

Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 03-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Stick-in-the-mud

gracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To All
gracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkonbutts View Post
.....the thoughest part for me is cleaning the mushrooms...
For a quick and easy way to clean mushrooms..... put the shrooms into a large zip lock plastic bag partially filled with water. Zip the bag closed and shake. Dump the contents out in to your colander waiting in the sink. Easy peasy.

Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
-BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
-AMNPS
-And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
gizmos and hornswaggles
Old 03-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Smoke Meat Aficionado

Ozric Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherOzric Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherOzric Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherOzric Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherOzric Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherOzric Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherOzric Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

Quote:
I am glad so many have tried these.. sorry for taking so long to post.. been doing them for years... and remember they freeze great so make a double batch!!
I'm one of the ones who tried your recipe. Absolute KEEPER! if I haven't already done that for this thread!

I made a double batch and used 2 bottles of Pinot Noir. They also keep very well refrigerated. I had one bad container of mushrooms, so I was 8 oz. short, but that left me with some liquid that I've been using for flavoring and deglazing. Total awesomeness.
Tappecue, Maverick ET-732 (x2), Maverick PT-100

SousVide Supreme, VacMaster VP112 (chamber), VacMaster Pro305 (suction)
Old 03-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Yoder Momma!

TATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To All
TATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To All

We have made these a handful of times now.... in fact I did 2 batches yesterday and 1 going today. 1/2 going to my mom and dad and the other 1/2 are going into the freezer. We love this recipe!!!

Around the 7-8 hour mark I will take a cup to 2 cups of the liquid out and save this for future cooks - brisket or chuck roast for example. The "broth" is crazy good!!

These last 3 cooks I did change things up a bit. I replaced the dill and the black pepper with equal amounts of Tatonka Dust.

For anyone on the fence about making this recipe - stop thinking about it and just do it!!!

Follow Tatonka Dust on Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/TatonkaDust

Old 03-05-2014, 04:54 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATONKA3A2 View Post
We have made these a handful of times now.... in fact I did 2 batches yesterday and 1 going today. 1/2 going to my mom and dad and the other 1/2 are going into the freezer. We love this recipe!!!

Around the 7-8 hour mark I will take a cup to 2 cups of the liquid out and save this for future cooks - brisket or chuck roast for example. The "broth" is crazy good!!

These last 3 cooks I did change things up a bit. I replaced the dill and the black pepper with equal amounts of Tatonka Dust.

For anyone on the fence about making this recipe - stop thinking about it and just do it!!!
I'm off the fence... too much endorsement to stay there!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 03-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
I'm one of the ones who tried your recipe. Absolute KEEPER! if I haven't already done that for this thread!

I made a double batch and used 2 bottles of Pinot Noir. They also keep very well refrigerated. I had one bad container of mushrooms, so I was 8 oz. short, but that left me with some liquid that I've been using for flavoring and deglazing. Total awesomeness.
Glad ya liked them!! about time for my next batch!

Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 03-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Carnivorous Vegetarian

frog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To All
frog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To Allfrog1369 Is  A Name Known To All

Brian, Brian, Brian!
Thank you for that recipe, these mushrooms are truly amazing. I followed your recipe exactly except I used the slow cooker as asked by a few here. I got everything going in a pot on the stove and once it started to boil moved it to the slow cooker to simmer covered for six hours. Since I was using the slow cooker I started later in the day when I had time because I knew I could take this late into the night unattended. So, six hours put me at about midnight and the house smelled ohhhhhh soooooo gooooooood! Then I uncovered them, set the alarm for 3am and went to bed. When the alarm went off the first thing I noticed was the smell in the house, the next thing I noticed was how I was starting to drool, haha! The smell was amazing, so of course I tried one when I went down to shut them off. Ok, I tried a couple ..... alright already, so it was a bunch of them, sheesh, cut a guy a break will ya! What can I say other than for sure these will be a regular addition to our diets from now on. Nice job, very nice job, thanks for sharing!
Weber Performer w/Vortex
ANOVA Precision Sous Vide (2)
Smoke Vault 24
Maverick ET-732, ET-733 and Thermapen Mk-4 (2)
AMNTS
Ok, I admit it .........
"Hi, my name is Don and I'm a smoking addict"
This is a great forum, I have learned soooo much!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:48 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

Made these this weekend and are very good! U love them cold. I came across a similar recipe that uses ranch dressing mix. Gonna have to try them next.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:23 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

OK..I'm trying to cheat. Poor planning on my part.

Have some sliced dehy buttons... reconstituting them in burgundy, etc... Got a steak in the water bath for tonight. See if I can't get something worth while in 4-5 hours here... Gotta remember to make a batch seeing as they freeze well.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:50 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog1369 View Post
Brian, Brian, Brian!
Thank you for that recipe, these mushrooms are truly amazing. I followed your recipe exactly except I used the slow cooker as asked by a few here. I got everything going in a pot on the stove and once it started to boil moved it to the slow cooker to simmer covered for six hours. Since I was using the slow cooker I started later in the day when I had time because I knew I could take this late into the night unattended. So, six hours put me at about midnight and the house smelled ohhhhhh soooooo gooooooood! Then I uncovered them, set the alarm for 3am and went to bed. When the alarm went off the first thing I noticed was the smell in the house, the next thing I noticed was how I was starting to drool, haha! The smell was amazing, so of course I tried one when I went down to shut them off. Ok, I tried a couple ..... alright already, so it was a bunch of them, sheesh, cut a guy a break will ya! What can I say other than for sure these will be a regular addition to our diets from now on. Nice job, very nice job, thanks for sharing!
Glad ya like them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
OK..I'm trying to cheat. Poor planning on my part.

Have some sliced dehy buttons... reconstituting them in burgundy, etc... Got a steak in the water bath for tonight. See if I can't get something worth while in 4-5 hours here... Gotta remember to make a batch seeing as they freeze well.
Should be interesting for sure, i would think you would have to add a bit more water or burgundy....

Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 03-26-2014, 03:59 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:

Should be interesting for sure, i would think you would have to add a bit more water or burgundy....
As they stand... perhaps. They are cooking nicely and smell wonderful... but a bit tough. Still liquid left tho...
Old 11-27-2015, 08:38 AM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

bump for a friend...

Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 11-27-2015, 04:38 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
bump for a friend...
Thanks... if ya meant me Doing these and sous vide beef filet for NYE dinner I believe. With a lobstah tail.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > From The Kitchen