No announcement yet.

The World Series Of BBQ Has A New Home At Arrowhead Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well there is a uk bbq organisation - I think they're affiliated with kcbs, same rules etc. They had a team at the jack last year.
    Bunch of rich southern gits and I'm not much of a joiner :-)
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      236. Oh Joy.

It's too big a crapshoot these days. I'm not poopooing the Royal... it's a blast. But it really cannot be taken seriously. IMO.

Unless you get a call in the thing!
      Don

Humphrey's Pint
      Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
      Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
      Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
      Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
      Anova One Sous Vide
      AMPS
      Purple Thermapen
      Maverick ET-733
      DigIQ DX2
      Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tadowdaddy View Post
        Unless you get a call in the thing!
        kinda a hollow victory IMO. Sure... it would LOOK good on yer resume' but I know better. Ya got lucky is all.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

kinda a hollow victory IMO. Sure... it would LOOK good on yer resume' but I know better. Ya got lucky is all.
          I'm just talking specifically aboot the resume.

Hell, that's how it is in any comp. We competed in the Johnson County big comp back in like 93 or so, turned in beans that had been sitting out all night and may have had a june bug or two in them by the time our drunk asses thought about making more in the side dish category, and won like $750 or so for them. HAHAHAHAHA!
          Don

Humphrey's Pint
          Anova One Sous Vide
          AMPS
          Purple Thermapen
          Maverick ET-733
          DigIQ DX2
          Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tadowdaddy View Post
            I'm just talking specifically aboot the resume.
            Of course. Let's face it...IF yer there SPENDING that much... chances are yer damned good. I doubt they get much crap turned in. Some no doubt... but not much.

they should shape the awards to look like a 4 leaf clover
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Of course. Let's face it...IF yer there SPENDING that much... chances are yer damned good. I doubt they get much crap turned in. Some no doubt... but not much.

they should shape the awards to look like a 4 leaf clover

I just edited my last post. You should read that story. Good stuff!
              Don

Humphrey's Pint
              Anova One Sous Vide
              AMPS
              Purple Thermapen
              Maverick ET-733
              DigIQ DX2
              Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

had a buddy's team get all drunk the night before and they ruined their competition ribs...well whaddya know, they had some left over from the previous night's party. They got a call.

I have won money from comps, but I have also had side by side judges give me a 6 and a 9...WTF? That six just cost me my entrance fee, my meat costs, several days of vacation for both me and Mrs. Engineer, and a hell of a lot of work with setup and teardown. Competitions are fine, but I am way beyond someone else telling me my food is good. I know for a fact that it is.

I agree with Rich. There is no way that turning in the best product has anything to do with winning the Royal. It has more to do with the luck of getting a good table.
                BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Big comps are all bullshit, laced with glitz and the perceived hope of glamour. I know my food, and know what's good. For me, to rely on some "expert" (that was most likely "trained" on the spot), to tell me what I did wrong, just don't cut it. KCBS makes a shitload of money off of the poor saps that show up to compete, and to sadly be shot down. I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars competing, and have turned in some incredible food. Butt alas, I had the goods, butt I didn't have the name.

There is a click oot there...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                    Butt alas, I had the goods, butt I didn't have the name.

There is a click oot there...
                    I dunno..the turn in is pretty blind. But there are profiles. obviously. That's fine. But Table #35 don't get what Table 15 had..or Table 27. And Table 5 are hung over and sick..and Table 31's newbies and think everything is great.

Yeah I got ribbons and whatnot. Some might think that means I'm pretty good. Perhaps they oughta reserve that call and have a sandwich, a rib or a slice of brisket.

After all, it's what who's in front of you or is paying that really matters.

Comment

Yeah, profiles... I have me own, where I did very well in some places, then go to the next one and repeat the exact same thing... nadda. Just got tired of all the work, lack of sleep, and expense of it all. And the idiots judging... Like Dana said, at the same table a 6 and a 9... WTF?!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                      X