Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > BBQ Cook offs

BBQ Cook offs Keep Us Updated On The Local Cook offs.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Buckburgers & Buck-a-Roni
Last Post: Bearcarver
Posted On: 01-20-2018
Replies: 4
Views: 65
0 eye of round must be the newest hot cut
Last Post: Bearcarver
Replies: 3
Views: 83
0 More briskets
Last Post: crusty ol salt
Replies: 15
Views: 197
0 Mad Hunky Home Run
Last Post: crusty ol salt
Replies: 2
Views: 37
0 Rudy's with a twist
Last Post: SMOKE FREAK
Replies: 18
Views: 279
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,528 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,197 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,676 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 07-22-2015, 11:18 PM
Sous Vide Free Zone

IrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To All
IrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDave View Post

That was funny.

Dave
Thanks, but that was a direct quote from a lady I competed against at the local county fair. She was not a happy camper that one of my entries beat her for "Best In Class" that year(I believe I got it with Chili Sauce). I had a very tense discussion with her while standing in line to get my ribbons, entries and premium check.... "That is my ribbon....." I think I took down about $8 that year.......

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 07-22-2015, 11:20 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishChef View Post
I had a very tense discussion with her while standing in line to get my ribbons, entries and premium check.... "That is my ribbon....." I think I took down about $8 that year.......
"And now I'm going to buy a double whiskey and celebrate!
Old 07-22-2015, 11:22 PM
Sous Vide Free Zone

IrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To All
IrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
"And now I'm going to buy a double whiskey and celebrate!
I still have every uncashed Premium check I have ever won...... Might be almost $30 bucks there.....
Old 07-22-2015, 11:48 PM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

Late to this thread...Please forward all samples to Chicago.....ribbons to follow....

You know my answer...
Old 07-23-2015, 12:04 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
I still have every uncashed Premium check I have ever won...... Might be almost $30 bucks there.....
You might wanna think on investing that. Hell a $30 CD at .0005% interest...in 5000 years you'll have a tidy nest egg...
Old 07-23-2015, 12:05 AM
The Mad Hunky!

You might wanna think on investing that. Hell a $30 CD at .0005% interest...in 5000 years you'll have a tidy nest egg... 5 double whiskeys!
Old 07-23-2015, 12:08 AM
Sous Vide Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
You might wanna think on investing that. Hell a $30 CD at .0005% interest...in 5000 years you'll have a tidy nest egg... 5 double whiskeys!
I sense a recurring theme......
You should probably have a double whisky, you had kind of a horseshit week......
Old 07-23-2015, 12:22 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
I sense a recurring theme......
You should probably have a double whisky, you had kind of a horseshit week......
No...it's ended well. And one for the haystack... g'night Irene
Old 07-23-2015, 06:10 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

It does seem like a weird way to run a bbq comp.

And you know for a fact that some of the competitors will just buy stuff from a store and claim they made it.

Pulled ham is awesome Got thread around somewhere.
http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...ght=pulled+ham

Sounds like you really wnat to have a go at a competition - but I'm with everyone else - find a proper cook on site comp and go play mud volley ball - whatever the hell that is

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 07-23-2015, 06:31 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Kinda late here, butt, I'd steer clear of that clusterphuck. Yup, I'm in agreement that if you want to compete, find a sanctioned BBQ comp to attend.

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 07-23-2015, 09:53 AM
Learning from the Best

DDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To All
DDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Thanks, but that was a direct quote from a lady I competed against at the local county fair. She was not a happy camper that one of my entries beat her for "Best In Class" that year(I believe I got it with Chili Sauce). I had a very tense discussion with her while standing in line to get my ribbons, entries and premium check.... "That is my ribbon....." I think I took down about $8 that year.......
Wow Talk about a bitter sore loser.

Dave
Weber Performer
Blue Thermapen
Auber Smoker Controller
Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88

-

"All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010
Old 07-23-2015, 10:16 AM
<Worlds Strongest Button

Mikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To All
Mikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To All

Ryan, you really should look at some of the comps these guys have going on in Aug and there's one last one for the month of July if you want to compete that bad.
http://mwbabbq.com/events
http://mwbabbq.com/events/dcarbq
At the bottom of your sig pic it says "Life's to short to let the little shit bother you" Awesome advice

New Braunfels Bandera
New Braunfels Hondo
4-22 1/2" Weber Kettles
1-26" Weber Kettle
24"X72" Reverse Flow- Made in the U.S.A. by Me
Navy Corpsman-USMC '69-'73 Semper Fi
https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/
Old 07-23-2015, 10:26 AM
Meat Mopper

Lazarus52980 Is Better Then Most In His Neighborhood At Grilling & SmokingLazarus52980 Is Better Then Most In His Neighborhood At Grilling & Smoking

Not to derail the thread, but some of the earlier comments convinced me to go look at KCBS comps in my area and I found there is on near my starting tomorrow! Can anyone just go and watch and talk to the people? Are they normally able to sell their BBQ to anyone so we can try it? How do these things go?
Old 07-23-2015, 10:33 AM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Ryan, you really should look at some of the comps these guys have going on in Aug and there's one last one for the month of July if you want to compete that bad.
http://mwbabbq.com/events
http://mwbabbq.com/events/dcarbq
At the bottom of your sig pic it says "Life's to short to let the little shit bother you"
Thought about some of those, but after the July 4 backyard comp I decided no more till the baby comes(9/11). It was just to hard on the wife. Plus we've got 2 weddings.

At the fair my wife could've helped setup, then went home and came back at turn in. I'm not really that bothered by it just frustrated with the board. Half of these backyard comps have been a blast to do, the other half was like smoking at home. I was an outsider so nobody talked to a guy. On the 4th we had one guy talk to is until people started sampling and word was getting around about how good my sauce was. Then 3 teams finally came over to try it and chat a bit. That makes for a long day. If the fair had it onsite it would've been a good time.

We will be doing the one in Howells at the end of September. My wife's from there and my sister lives there. That town nobody is a stranger, they'll talk and drink with anyone. They set that one up nice.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:07 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus52980 View Post
Not to derail the thread, but some of the earlier comments convinced me to go look at KCBS comps in my area and I found there is on near my starting tomorrow! Can anyone just go and watch and talk to the people? Are they normally able to sell their BBQ to anyone so we can try it? How do these things go?
No. Never. If you want to visit..I suggest Friday evening... 7-ish. Cocktail and social hour starts. Or EARLY Sat AM. Get outta their hair by 10 AM or so. They'll be up and aboot early- Unless they are running a set and forget pellet pooper. Then just hammer on their trailer door.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > BBQ Cook offs