Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Food & Cooking Safety

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Hey! Smoked-Meat, What's Cooking This Weekend?
Last Post: Fishawn
Posted On: 01-19-2018
Replies: 2
Views: 26
0 Rudy's with a twist
Last Post: nickelmore
Replies: 14
Views: 238
0 Venison pastrami...
Last Post: Meat Hunter
Replies: 11
Views: 112
0 More briskets
Last Post: Abelman
Replies: 12
Views: 142
0 Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)
Last Post: Bearcarver
Replies: 13
Views: 207
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,528 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,192 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,609 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 12-04-2015, 01:45 PM
Canadian, eh?

XLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke Guru
Default Another reason I shop at Costco:

http://www.organicauthority.com/cost...ehouse-stores/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg costco.jpg (53.4 KB, 50 views)
Bradley Smoker
Maverick ET732
Nesco Dehydrator
Thermapen "Blue Bayou"

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Cool,
I heard a lot about that outfit, but we don't have a Costco close by. However I understand there's going to be one in the new Shopping Center being built, near the "Giant" we currently shop at.

Bear
Old 12-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

I love mine.... with a big family it is great!! Saves me a ton on groceries!!

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 12-04-2015, 04:29 PM
Canadian, eh?

XLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke GuruXLR8R Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

I'm very happy they will not be selling "franken-fish" which I am sure "W" will be all over. The quality of Costco meat, poultry and seafood is always consistent. Not hit and miss like the usual local supermarkets.
Bradley Smoker
Maverick ET732
Nesco Dehydrator
Thermapen "Blue Bayou"
Old 12-04-2015, 05:46 PM
Seasoned Smoker

dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All
dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All

Costco member for years. Best place to buy booze for sure! :D You can see where my priorities lie

Yoder YS640
Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
Frogmats
Maverick ET 732
Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

Old 12-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8R View Post
I'm very happy they will not be selling "franken-fish" which I am sure "W" will be all over. The quality of Costco meat, poultry and seafood is always consistent. Not hit and miss like the usual local supermarkets.

Yup---I don't think I could eat fish with bolts in their necks!!!

Is Costco one of those "Membership" stores??

Bear
Old 12-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Canadian, eh?

Yes it is a membership store. 58 bucks annually. You'll save that on your first 700 dollar shopping spree!
Bradley Smoker
Maverick ET732
Nesco Dehydrator
Thermapen "Blue Bayou"
Old 12-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Here, have a Guinness...

MrZip66 Is  A Name Known To AllMrZip66 Is  A Name Known To All
MrZip66 Is  A Name Known To AllMrZip66 Is  A Name Known To AllMrZip66 Is  A Name Known To AllMrZip66 Is  A Name Known To AllMrZip66 Is  A Name Known To AllMrZip66 Is  A Name Known To AllMrZip66 Is  A Name Known To AllMrZip66 Is  A Name Known To AllMrZip66 Is  A Name Known To AllMrZip66 Is  A Name Known To AllMrZip66 Is  A Name Known To All

We have a few here where I live. They have a pretty damn good meat department if you need to buy some decent cuts en masse.
18.5 Weber Kettle
22.5 Weber Kettle
Maverick ET732
6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Meatasaurus

AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All
AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All

I wish we had a Costco close by. The closest is 60 miles away.

I have 3 different SAMS Clubs in between me and Costco, so SAMS get my business. Their meats are not too bad. Definitely the best repeatable quality in town. Cheapest gas in town also $1.71/gal today.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Canadian, eh?

I live right between 2 Costcos. 10 miles to the west or 10 miles to the east.

Regular Unleaded Gas here is 116.9 per litre x 3.78 = $4.42 per (US) gallon.
(I use mid grade so it's $4.80 per gallon)
Bradley Smoker
Maverick ET732
Nesco Dehydrator
Thermapen "Blue Bayou"
Old 12-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

1st gig in a costco was in san antonio last week...no local gig...man damn...quite nice joint!

Old 12-04-2015, 08:52 PM
Canadian, eh?

Ya, for those that have never had the pleasure of shopping at Costco it's like a candy/toy store for adults. I've had many trips in there ending up in a thousand dollar bill after 3 hours. It can be dangerous!
Bradley Smoker
Maverick ET732
Nesco Dehydrator
Thermapen "Blue Bayou"
Old 12-04-2015, 08:55 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Ya know..I am really not all that up in arms over GMO foods. I mean...after all, we been “GMO-ing” for a hundred plus years..only much slower.

All your hybrids/crosses/breeds of farm animals/produce are “GMO-d” thru selective breeding. And not always as successfully as direct DNA manipulation.

Now..this DOES open up SOME cans of worms I realize. But I don’t think the FDA and other orgs are just gonna let the labs run here. Well - one would hope.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Ya know..I am really not all that up in arms over GMO foods. I mean...after all, we been “GMO-ing” for a hundred plus years..only much slower.

All your hybrids/crosses/breeds of farm animals/produce are “GMO-d” thru selective breeding. And not always as successfully as direct DNA manipulation.

Now..this DOES open up SOME cans of worms I realize. But I don’t think the FDA and other orgs are just gonna let the labs run here. Well - one would hope.
was not checking the food gig...the rest of the stuff they sell was, right damn cool...

Old 12-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Stick-in-the-mud

gracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To All
gracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To Allgracoman Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post

Dood...the can has been opened... and wide...don't get me started. Da gubment, in murica, has absoulootly let da labs run wilde. Thanks Monsanto. (don't worry, I'll be good).

I'm not going to get into this here but Rich, you and everybody who frequents this site, should do a minimal amount of research so you can see the problem(s). .

Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
-BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
-AMNPS
-And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
gizmos and hornswaggles
Old 12-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Costco is a great store, 5 minutes from me house. Worst part aboot it is the STUPID PEOPLE STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLES TALKING TO EACH OTHER, BLOCKING THE FLOW.... STOP DOING IT! STOP!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracoman View Post
Dood...the can has been opened... and wide...don't get me started. Da gubment, in murica, has absoulootly let da labs run wilde. Thanks Monsanto. (don't worry, I'll be good).

I'm not going to get into this here but Rich, you and everybody who frequents this site, should do a minimal amount of research so you can see the problem(s). .

Craig
Old 12-05-2015, 12:06 AM
Canadian, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
Costco is a great store, 5 minutes from me house. Worst part aboot it is the STUPID PEOPLE STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLES TALKING TO EACH OTHER, BLOCKING THE FLOW.... STOP DOING IT! STOP!!!!!!
HOLYCRAP! YEAH! My biggest complaint is the feeding hour at the end of the aisles. THAT would be my one reason to never ever go back. Unfortunately, sometimes I like to hit my head with a hammer repeatedly.
Bradley Smoker
Maverick ET732
Nesco Dehydrator
Thermapen "Blue Bayou"
Old 12-05-2015, 08:36 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Locally, we have one Costco and two BJ's Wholesale Clubs... both have decent meats. PLUS, there is a Restaurant Depot nearby, which gets visited on a regular basis. My bank account has become numb...

And gas here is hovering around 2 bux a gallon...

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Food & Cooking Safety