Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > BBQ Cook offs

BBQ Cook offs Keep Us Updated On The Local Cook offs.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Baking Bacon?
Last Post: Richtee
Posted On: 01-18-2018
Replies: 28
Views: 489
0 What beef cut for sausage?
Last Post: Bearcarver
Replies: 6
Views: 175
0 Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)
Last Post: Bearcarver
Replies: 9
Views: 165
0 Shredded Chicken Fritters
Last Post: chefrob
Replies: 20
Views: 241
0 DDave's Reverse Flow Build
Last Post: Mark R
Replies: 21
Views: 305
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,522 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,186 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,467 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 04-25-2016, 02:14 PM
Pit Master

gooose53 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillinggooose53 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillinggooose53 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillinggooose53 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillinggooose53 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grilling
Default comp aroma scores

seems our aroma scores pretty much suck according to the judges. Anyone willing to share any tips to get the aroma score up?

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 04-25-2016, 02:45 PM
Pit Master

jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All
jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All

Shower and deodorant?

Change the type of wood you use? What type of cooker do you use? Something in your rub that burns at a lower temp?

Curious to your resolution...

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...
Old 04-25-2016, 04:00 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Wtf is an “aroma score”?
Old 04-26-2016, 10:58 AM
Pit Master

gooose53 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillinggooose53 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillinggooose53 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillinggooose53 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillinggooose53 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Wtf is an “aroma score”?
We have that one in the SCBA (South Carolina BBQ Assoc). It's how ya meat smells Rich!!
Old 04-26-2016, 11:03 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbtulsa View Post
Shower and deodorant?

Change the type of wood you use? What type of cooker do you use? Something in your rub that burns at a lower temp?

Curious to your resolution...
shower and deodorant - not happening

hickory and pecan are the woods of choice, backwoods competitor is the cooker, nothing in the rub that would give off flavors at low temps
Old 04-26-2016, 12:25 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooose53 View Post
We have that one in the SCBA (South Carolina BBQ Assoc). It's how ya meat smells Rich!!
Huh...never heard O such a thing. Altho..that MAY be considered in “appearance” scores that the KCBS uses... I suppose. I had ribs that smelled of lighter fluid... and yer damn right I marked ‘em down on appearance and of course..taste. I can’t believe the things din’t catch fire...
Old 04-26-2016, 03:45 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Huh...never heard O such a thing. Altho..that MAY be considered in “appearance” scores that the KCBS uses... I suppose. I had ribs that smelled of lighter fluid... and yer damn right I marked ‘em down on appearance and of course..taste. I can’t believe the things din’t catch fire...
if you don't like the smell of lighter fluid you wouldn't want to get a whiff of Myron's meat I guess - at least that's the way he makes it look.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:54 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooose53 View Post
Rich slaps his meat but he don't sniff it

Craig
Old 04-28-2016, 08:16 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Wtf is an “aroma score”?
well...aroma...hmm...kinda bad smell in a porta potty @ Dega... bad Q' could be the same...amazing if you can score that...(we won't talk about the airman who would not help us Crew Chiefs in Aviano, Italy) he was......stinky..

Old 04-29-2016, 02:29 AM
Can do Egg and Beans

GimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To AllGimmeSomeBeef Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanted88 View Post
well...aroma...hmm...kinda bad smell in a porta potty @ Dega... bad Q' could be the same...amazing if you can score that...(we won't talk about the airman who would not help us Crew Chiefs in Aviano, Italy) he was......stinky..

^^ Haha! Awesome ;)
Laughed my ass off when I read this ^^

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > BBQ Cook offs